free hit
counters
Bulkhead behind the seats - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hello to the brains trust.

I am getting the car ready to sell. (still) I won't get the aircon fixed before it goes as the last time that I had dye put in it, we just could not find the leak, which was odd.

The paint is all sorted out and the Esprit S4 decals are back in the windows.

The only thing that I really have left to do is clean the material on the bulkhead behind the seats to get rid of the road grime that comes in through the windows.

So my question is, What is the best way to do it?

I doubt simply vacuuming will work and I certainly don't want to smudge it in if it is at all greasy in ay way.

Are there any products that anyone recommends? Does something like a dry foam carpet cleaner work?

All answers gratefully received.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is the material there? 

I'm guessing there will be hidden material behind the seats that you could do a test on with some upholstery cleaners.

We have found 'Chemdry' an excellent cleaner on most non leather upholstery as you don't have to brush or shrub it, something that will damage fabric with a 'nap' . It's spray on, dry, then vacuum.

16022339523876701525434970747839.jpg

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Some Esprits had leather around the rear window...some had cloth headliner material.

The leather is straightforward to clean.  The cloth a little less so (because it is foam-backed and you don't want to suck the cloth away from the foam).

Ours is cloth, and I achieve acceptable results by vacuuming the material. I use a crevice tool held against the cloth ('laying down', with the nozzle sucking 'across the grain'), the tool holds the material in place and the suction does its thing.

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

No Erik. I have cloth the same as the roof lining on the side of the bulkhead directly behind the seats.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.