free hit
counters
What made me REALLY HAPPY today - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

What made me REALLY HAPPY today

johnpwalsh

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Before you all ask. The cars under covers from LotusRescue are.

Furthest away red one is a very tired Excel which is to be used as a donor for the next car in the lineup which is the Lotus Ekup , second is an early Lotus Elite 504, which the restoration is now almost complete, nearest one is an all original Esprit S1 complete with original tartan interior and Viglia dash, this is the second one that came form the states and is about to get a body off restoration by her new owner who will take collection of her in the next month or two. Just out of site is another really cracking good Excel SE in Vulcan Grey which belongs o Mrs W, then another very tired Elite which sadly is well past redemption with trees growing inside it and a rotten chassis, rescued for good chrome and other bits and bobs and lastly another Excel Se in a third shed which is looking for a donor engine or conversion to possible electric motors !! by her new owner.

LotusRescue although quiet on the forums due to being stuck over seas for almost 6 months so far this year has no less been very busy in the background having also completed an S4 clutch change, full service and check over for a client with a second S4 due in for a full rebuild having been parked up for about12 years. Now that's going to be a challenge both in time and work required.

I wonder why Mrs W keeps trying to remind me that I am now retirement age. NOT a bloody hope in hell as long as I can hold a spanner.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Really pleased for you @johnpwalsh I personally think Ice Blue is absolutely stunning on an Esprit and I very much look forward to seeing you and the car in the future

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Thanks Andy. It will all depend on bloody Covid as I am due away again in about two weeks and the word is I wont be home till early next year (end of Jan at best bet) partly due to these selfish ferkers who wont/don't comply with recommendations. Yes, they say there is no undeniable proof of what's being asked is 100% genuinely going to protect people. But surely it's worth  try. I've seen my 96 year old mum, once in 9 months and all due to regulations partly caused by selfish people. Grrrr. rant over.

I just have to look at it as a bonus in some ways, as I still have a job and am earning a salary which helps pay for he toys we all love to hate. Big change from 4 years ago.

• Like 1

Excellent work - look forward to seeing you bring the Ice Blue Turbo back to it’s best. Tell us about the Dry Sump @johnpwalsh👍😎 Is that Tim’s old Essex Blue Turbo? 

• Like 1

Looking at the topic title John, I'd say it was when you learnt the correct way of spelling 'Really". :whistle:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, ramjet said:

Looking at the topic title John, I'd say it was when you learnt the correct way of spelling 'Really". :whistle:

Hahaha. Cheers Michael. Hope you and the family are keeping well down under.

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Glad you got home safely John. Wendy will be chuffed to have you back. Now into the garage and get those cars fixed as Wendy will not want to be hoovering around you!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Latest addition to LotusRecue. The covered trailer mentioned in my last post.

Phase one will be to have our new logo put on both side's and the rear. There may be some changes to the logo colors, as in have the White infill done in Lotus Yellow and the lettering done in a dark Grey and the existing upper Grey part changed to Lotus Yellow in keeping with Lotus logo. Phase two is to have some additional interior lights fitted to make it better for load/offloading in the dark.

And finally, to fit the new electric winch that's been purchased to the front of the trailer chassis and replace the existing hand winch which is a ball ache.

Cars can then be collected and delivered in a secure clean environment without being blasted with motorway debris.

See what you think guys.

And to think, all this was only possible due to one guy 4 years who I will be eternally grateful.

image.png.5f3e8e7704afa44d29c35bd13635b986.png

Image result for brian james rs 3 trailer

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Gold FFM

Looking good John.  Who knows someone like me may be asking to "rent" the trailer to take my VX to track days!  Might be a lucrative sideline for cash!  Just putting it out there....

Glad to see things going well for you.

• Gold FFM
29 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Looking good John.  Who knows someone like me may be asking to "rent" the trailer to take my VX to track days!  Might be a lucrative sideline for cash!  Just putting it out there....

Glad to see things going well for you.

Not a problem. Of course you could also buy my previous one complete with new lights, new wiring loom, new wheel bearings, brakes and cables. Fitted electric winch and battery box.  Set of four securing straps and wheel protectors (saves marking alloys) Even comes with a security lock. You would never know the VX was on the back.

This unit has done thousands of miles with me and never had any issues. Due to the miles I was covering, it has always been kept in good condition.

Brian James Clubman. Perfect for any Lotus up to 6'6'' wide.  

Nov 2016.jpg

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

Not a problem. Of course you could also buy my previous one complete with new lights, new wiring loom, new wheel bearings, brakes and cables. Fitted electric winch and battery box.  Set of four securing straps and wheel protectors (saves marking alloys) Even comes with a security lock. You would never know the VX was on the back.

This unit has done thousands of miles with me and never had any issues. Due to the miles I was covering, it has always been kept in good condition.

Brian James Clubman. Perfect for any Lotus up to 6'6'' wide.  

Nov 2016.jpg

Hmmmm, stop it John! :)  Currently thinking where I could store it.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
15 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Hmmmm, stop it John! :)  Currently thinking where I could store it.

Under said vx220 in the garage - simple

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Comes complete with a set of ratchet straps and wheel straps to prevent damage to your alloy's. All ready to go.

Just saying.

And as your a fellow Gold member, I would give you a discount.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I hate you [email protected]@@@@@g practical types. Why didn't you go to Uni to have all your common sense and practically ripped out of you!  :)

Even raises the car nicely to make cleaning the wheels easier 

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

By the way @johnpwalsh I do, yet again, have to say that I think Ice Blue is the perfect colour for an Esprit. It just really makes the design clean, sharp, and even after all these years, modern. Beautiful car that.

• Gold FFM
On 22/01/2021 at 17:27, C8RKH said:

By the way @johnpwalsh I do, yet again, have to say that I think Ice Blue is the perfect colour for an Esprit. It just really makes the design clean, sharp, and even after all these years, modern. Beautiful car that.

Extra fiver discount on the trailer for the nice comment.

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

I don't if happy is the right description, perhaps contented.

I wanted to put an Excel window frame into the loft space for safety (from falling engines in the garage), and in doing so it was obvious that I'd done similar things too many times with other objects, either to keep "safe" or didn't know what else to do with them at the time. So, yesterday I filled half of each bin (recycling and landfill) with stuff such as empty boxes (that I kept in case something went wrong with the TV during warranty, etc). Today was the turn of electrical items themselves, so I now have prepare this stuff for a trip to the local recycling centre but examples of what I have convinced myself that there will never be any need of include:

Nokia N95

Nokia 9000 Communicator

O2 XDA

Compaq tablet TC1000

Compaq iPaq

Various SCSSI computer components

PCMCIA cards (wireless, wired ethernet)

So, I'm feeling a lot happier that next time when I try and do this/ carry on  with this spree, there will at least be a lot less to do. I'm sure that some people think there's some sort of value in those, well at the moment the value to me is the space they are taking up so time those components and minerals were extracted and used elsewhere.

• Gold FFM

Don't get me started on clearing out attics. Cleared it out 8 years ago of everything but what I might need to keep. That includes box's and box's of original 1st series Nintendo and Sega games. One day they will go. Now it's worse than ever, and yes. The same stuff is still there.

• ramjet changed the title to What made me REALLY HAPPY today