free hit
counters
What made me REALY HAPPY today - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made me REALY HAPPY today

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pish

Well. Looks like a bit of Deja vu last week. The second car that was purchased by LotusRescue on behalf a client was a real nice Ice Blue S3 turbo required a fair bit of work after having been in stor

Before you all ask. The cars under covers from LotusRescue are. Furthest away red one is a very tired Excel which is to be used as a donor for the next car in the lineup which is the Lotus Ekup ,

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Before you all ask. The cars under covers from LotusRescue are.

Furthest away red one is a very tired Excel which is to be used as a donor for the next car in the lineup which is the Lotus Ekup , second is an early Lotus Elite 504, which the restoration is now almost complete, nearest one is an all original Esprit S1 complete with original tartan interior and Viglia dash, this is the second one that came form the states and is about to get a body off restoration by her new owner who will take collection of her in the next month or two. Just out of site is another really cracking good Excel SE in Vulcan Grey which belongs o Mrs W, then another very tired Elite which sadly is well past redemption with trees growing inside it and a rotten chassis, rescued for good chrome and other bits and bobs and lastly another Excel Se in a third shed which is looking for a donor engine or conversion to possible electric motors !! by her new owner.

LotusRescue although quiet on the forums due to being stuck over seas for almost 6 months so far this year has no less been very busy in the background having also completed an S4 clutch change, full service and check over for a client with a second S4 due in for a full rebuild having been parked up for about12 years. Now that's going to be a challenge both in time and work required.

I wonder why Mrs W keeps trying to remind me that I am now retirement age. NOT a bloody hope in hell as long as I can hold a spanner.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Really pleased for you @johnpwalsh I personally think Ice Blue is absolutely stunning on an Esprit and I very much look forward to seeing you and the car in the future

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Thanks Andy. It will all depend on bloody Covid as I am due away again in about two weeks and the word is I wont be home till early next year (end of Jan at best bet) partly due to these selfish ferkers who wont/don't comply with recommendations. Yes, they say there is no undeniable proof of what's being asked is 100% genuinely going to protect people. But surely it's worth  try. I've seen my 96 year old mum, once in 9 months and all due to regulations partly caused by selfish people. Grrrr. rant over.

I just have to look at it as a bonus in some ways, as I still have a job and am earning a salary which helps pay for he toys we all love to hate. Big change from 4 years ago.

• Like 1

Excellent work - look forward to seeing you bring the Ice Blue Turbo back to it’s best. Tell us about the Dry Sump @johnpwalsh👍😎 Is that Tim’s old Essex Blue Turbo? 

• Like 1

Looking at the topic title John, I'd say it was when you learnt the correct way of spelling 'Really". :whistle:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, ramjet said:

Looking at the topic title John, I'd say it was when you learnt the correct way of spelling 'Really". :whistle:

Hahaha. Cheers Michael. Hope you and the family are keeping well down under.

• Gold FFM

It’s the new Scottish spelling @ramjet - as clearly defined in the Queen Nicola dictionary that’s been recently enforced up there 👍

• Sad 1

Only here once