free hit
counters
Komo-tec vs Jubu (430 upgrade) - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Komo-tec vs Jubu (430 upgrade)

I'm looking to power upgrade my Exige S. Although contact with Komo-tec is very appropriate I became aware of Jubu recently. I've seen info on Komo-tec 430 upgrade which looks reliable but haven't seen it on Jubu other than the crazy build they recently did of which I'm sure all have seen by now. 

Both seem to offer an equal power upgrade looking at the 430 range in example. Any suggestions on pros and cons?? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did a 430 upgrade at JUBU this spring/ early Summer and I am totally satisfied with it. It‘s insane fast and works without any problems. They did the 430 upgrade and some other stuff (nitrons, etc.)

Posted Images

Can’t speak for Jubu, but have done over 30k miles in my car which has the Komo-tec 460 kit fitted and it’s been absolutely perfect in all that time.  To me that says a lot about how good a kit it is.

If you consider a power upgrade go for the EX460 with the watercooled chargecooler - otherwise I recommend the close gear ratio over an upgrade prone to heat soak like the phase EX430 or smaller

Apart from that: I would always choose KomoTec, they are the benchmark and their solutions are proven reliable

EX460.jpg

Edited by Wilbert Camshaft

My Exige with EX460 kit and quite some more stuff delights me during 10+ Trackdays a year. I only can agree to what Wilbert said this kit is very reliable even under hard conditions. 

Have to reiterate what the guys above are saying... Happy Ex-460 owner here. But beware, you will need a clutch at some point...

As I am not doing really any track driving, just like the raw power at times, would the Komo-tec 430 do or is it stupid to do 430 vs 460 in my case would anyone say? 

Also, no experiences here with Jubu so it seems? 

Edited by PJ