free hit
counters
'89 Esprit Turbo Split Fuel Injector - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
andrewp1989

'89 Esprit Turbo Split Fuel Injector

I own a 1989 Esprit Turbo (non-chargecooled). After a long search for an intermittent fuel leak it was discovered that one of the Lotus-fitted fuel injectors was split. The injector has "0078-5235364" written on it. The split extends 70% around the top of the plastic-bodied injector and is nearly horizontal. Strange.

Has anyone else had the issue of a split fuel injector? I imagine more than a few cars have burnt if this problem exists elsewhere. No one I have spoken to seems to be able to provide a reason for a split injector like mine.

Also does anyone reccomend a suitable replacement injector . . . ideally a set of 4 of them?

Many thanks.

AP

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Andrew, I've never heard of the injector splitting, but my suspicion is that the car sat for a long period of time or the engine was run hot a few times and the heat was transferred to the plastic body of the injector. I'd suggest a set of injectors from WC engineering.com! Very good and easy to install. They are also cheaper than the Lotus parts.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

I replaced mine with BOSCH 36lb/hr (370cc/min) LOW IMPEDANCE injectors.

I bought mine for ~$46 each from http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsMODS.asp

Bosch/Ford E5ZE

4/Set $249.50

E5ZE_140.jpg

These E5ZE Bosch injectors are brand new and flow-matched to within 0.5%

Guaranteed!

These are the correct size and type for the primary injectors on all GMP4 DELCO injected Lotus Esprit 89 & 89 SE-95 S4s.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album