free hit
counters
In love again - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posted this on another forum but it's worth posting here in these troubled times.   I'd must like to report that I drove the Evora yesterday and loved it. Dark thoughts with Covid

My wife loves mine. It gets used every day as I believe it should. It's currently parked here, at a hotel in the Cotswolds.

The long term squeeze enjoys all the Lotus, especially Evora. Trips to Germany and Scotland amongst many others. She drives the 340R, M100 and Elise.  You fellas need to choose more wisely, the c

Posted Images

Quite literally, happy days! Enjoy many more miles mate :thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

My partner hates and has only been in my Evora a couple of times in the 2+ years of ownership 

so the planned weekend or summer road trips across uk and Europe have never happened and never likely to happen.

she been driving my new company car a Toyota hybrid estate which she finds fantastic as you got to drive it very smoothly and efficiently meaning slow!

I really only use my car for school runs and very occasional work trip to give the car a drive for longer than 30 mins 

• Like 1

You don't have to take her! :lol:

• Haha 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

@Cdm2018 - I have had my 2018 Evora Sport for 2.5 years from new. My wife has sat in it once. She has never been out for a drive in it.

Do I care she hasn't? Hell no. Do I want her in the car with me. Hell no. Do I feel selfish when I go out for several hours, alone, in it? Hell no.  Do I want to change it? Well, hmm, certainly not the Evora :)

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

46 minutes ago, 21gg said:

You drive to the city, fly her out for the weekend and back, you drive home. Everyone wins! 

lol 😀

thought of that , have encouraged her to go with her best friend on girls weekend they done main places now 

@jep you are absolutely right on pointing out how difficult a proper 2+2 midengined car is to design - tastes are different but I think a F Mondial is an example how proportions might not be in the end of a car design process. I think there is just the F 308 GT4 and the Lambo uracco as proper styled 2+2 midengined cars (the R Alpine 310 has the engine in the back)

Also interesting in the design context is to me that the new T50 of Gordon Murray has a more or less "simple" desing, meaning not that much agressive lines (esp compared to other super or hyper  cars or whatever they are called now....)

• Like 1

And the Maserati Merak was also a nominal 2+2 and had a longitudinal engine lay-out. Thing is, full size adults cannot fit in the rear seats of an Evora, 308 GT4, Urraco or Merak, due to lack of leg and headroom. I can seat 4 in my Mondial cabrio in comparative comfort (also longitudinal engine in my case), so it can be done.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Lord Murray of Gordon has a 308GT4. 

T50 is clean as it has fan to do the aero, as did McLaren F1 in less sophisticated form. Not sure what happens at 200mph and the fan fails but I will never find out and those who do will not be around for the post-mortem. 

Justin 

• Gold FFM

My Mrs likes the Evora - but only because I take her places in it! Drove my first one all of about 200 feet and never got out of 2nd gear not driven the 400.

She loves her JCW, but only uses 31 of the BHP it has (Only I use the other 200!). It's a damned site harder to drive than the Evora.

I am also toying with the idea of selling the Evora - had hoped to move to Yorkshire to fully enjoy it, but instead ended up in the Surrey Hills, where every 60mph road is a 40 and usually with a load of other cars on it. I'm just thinking a cheaper/slower convertible (Abarth 124 Spider?) may actually be more suitable/fun for the weekends. Can I live without a Lotus?

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

I would probably not have an Evora if I lived in Spain for the reasons you provide and some others, but I would not enjoy living where I do as much without the Evora, if that makes sense.

@Colin P My thought reading your post was that you are in need of an Elise 120/136. Don´t remember now if you have already been there, done that.

• Gold FFM

@Arregueti I went Excel, Evora NA, Evora 400. A while ago I took out a 220 sport, but the cash I’d free up didn’t make sense and the Evora is more me, so not worth making the switch. An M100 has an appeal. 

• Like 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

• Gold FFM

M100 fab but I would suggest is less involving than Evora. Elan is an incredible machine but perhaps too good, too precise, too sure-footed. Folding roof adds charm and character but not sure that compensates fully. 

I have a ton of fun in the Surrey Hills in Evora NA. I certainly don't yearn for more power on those roads. 

Perhaps go back to NA Evora and add Elan. Cash left over.

Justin 

I would say either go back to an NA (I specifically wanted an NA precisely because my last car was too fast to actually use) or go for the 124. I've got a 595 and have driven a 124. The 124 is a hoot. I'd have one if I didn't need a boot in one of the cars!

Generally I REALLY enjoy Italian cars. You can argue that the 124 is a Mazda but it's got enough Italian in it that it isn't really. Be aware if you are thinking of going that route that by nature they want to go full tilt everywhere, seems to be a feature of Italian cars and the lack of ultimate pace means that you can enjoy them even in a traffic jam with their stupid exhaust pipes growling and banging... I really am a sucker for the Italians...