free hit
counters
Strange fan operation and code 26 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hello, all running well on my1989 turbo SE until on a nice run today heater fans stopped working (the heater gives out no heat anyway due to stuck heater valve that is on the to do list) and engine warning light came on. Left it to cool for a while then started to loop out the acdl socket. For no particular reason, I turned the heater fan switch off and the cooling fans came on.  If I turn the heater fan switch on, the cooling fans go off. (ignition on only, engine not running). Does this make any sense to anyone.. The fault code is 26.

Many thanks Alan 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many thanks. Pulled fan motor out and very dry and stiff and one of the blades has picked up a small metal clip from somewhere... Hopefully that's it sorted. 

A CEL (Check Engine Light) is probably a code 26, which is a bit generic.

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

I had a heater fan motor that seized, the old grease was too stiff. In my case it was blowing the fuse. Maybe in your case it's too much of a draw for the circuit?

I removed the heater fan (easy) and cleaned and re-greased it, and it was fine after that.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

Many thanks. Pulled fan motor out and very dry and stiff and one of the blades has picked up a small metal clip from somewhere... Hopefully that's it sorted. 

• Like 1