free hit
counters
Anyone familiar with this GT3? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Anyone familiar with this GT3?

I'm going to view this car in the next couple of weeks, 21,000 miles FSH and looks in superb order. Only 4 owners and current owner has had it 9 years but was off the road for about 4 years until 2019. Anyone familiar with it?

jInZwTSQ.jpeg.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do know of this car. I used to keep in touch with the owner for a number of years. He used to update me with pictures of the build along the way. He went through everything and was a bit of a perfec

Yes thats the one 👍 Thats great, thanks. 

@Sparky Ive now realised from reading the forum that you are to blame for my recently developed Esprit GT3 obsession 😂 It all started when I read the Esprit article in Absolute Lotus and spent ages ga

Posted Images

I’m pretty sure this is it pictured. The ad isn’t for the car but I remember it ( sadly😉) from that photo when it was there for sale, as I was looking for one at the time. I never got as far as going to view but remember it, because of the low miles and reg from back then. Frustratingly the dealership name isn’t coming to me but I’m sure someone else will recognise this dealership.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOTUS-ESPRIT-2-2-TURBO-STAINLESS-STEEL-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-/311641677109

Don't know the car, but found an ad that fits the description, asking £38k, yes?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I knew it would come to me eventually @shaunw - the dealer picture on eBay ad I posted was, Nutley Sports & Prestige. Maybe worth giving them a call ref history of the car.

https://nutleysports.co.uk

49 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Don't know the car, but found an ad that fits the description, asking £38k, yes?

Yes thats the one 👍

14 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

I knew it would come to me eventually @shaunw - the dealer picture on eBay ad I posted was, Nutley Sports & Prestige. Maybe worth giving them a call ref history of the car.

https://nutleysports.co.uk

Thats great, thanks. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Sparky said:

@Sparky Ive now realised from reading the forum that you are to blame for my recently developed Esprit GT3 obsession 😂 It all started when I read the Esprit article in Absolute Lotus and spent ages gazing longingly at your car.  Always loved Esprits but it wasnt until i saw the pics of your car and read the write up that the really intense  'symptoms' developed. 😂

• Like 1

I do know of this car. I used to keep in touch with the owner for a number of years. He used to update me with pictures of the build along the way. He went through everything and was a bit of a perfectionist! I was intending buying it off him a while ago but I then departed from the Lotus world to tick some other boxes. I have had quite a few Esprit's in my time including three GT3's. I was always intending to get my last one to keep once I had finished with my departure from Lotus. I would buy this at the drop of a hat, but I need to sell a car for funds and garage space, so can't do it at the moment. The way GT3 prices have gone over the years I think this is a great buy with the work carried out and the mileage against others with more mileage and needing some work. I think it would end up false economy not to buy this one, although a little pricey I think its worth the extra. If you are in it for the long term it will pay off I feel??? It was the one from Nutley sports cars. if i remember he bought it from them. I should not be telling you all this as I'm still very tempted myself, but I think I have one more box to tick before I get my last Esprit! Hope this helps a little. Good luck.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, shaunw said:

@Sparky Ive now realised from reading the forum that you are to blame for my recently developed Esprit GT3 obsession 😂 It all started when I read the Esprit article in Absolute Lotus and spent ages gazing longingly at your car.  Always loved Esprits but it wasnt until i saw the pics of your car and read the write up that the really intense  'symptoms' developed. 

Hehe, my work here is done.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

2 hours ago, mmgt said:

I do know of this car. I used to keep in touch with the owner for a number of years. He used to update me with pictures of the build along the way. He went through everything and was a bit of a perfectionist! I was intending buying it off him a while ago but I then departed from the Lotus world to tick some other boxes. I have had quite a few Esprit's in my time including three GT3's. I was always intending to get my last one to keep once I had finished with my departure from Lotus. I would buy this at the drop of a hat, but I need to sell a car for funds and garage space, so can't do it at the moment. The way GT3 prices have gone over the years I think this is a great buy with the work carried out and the mileage against others with more mileage and needing some work. I think it would end up false economy not to buy this one, although a little pricey I think its worth the extra. If you are in it for the long term it will pay off I feel??? It was the one from Nutley sports cars. if i remember he bought it from them. I should not be telling you all this as I'm still very tempted myself, but I think I have one more box to tick before I get my last Esprit! Hope this helps a little. Good luck.

@mmgt thank you so  much for the information. Yes, having spoken to the owner i do get the impression he likes things to be right, and thats a great starting point when looking to buy an Esprit. 👍