free hit
counters
Esprit s4 width - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Esprit s4 width

shaunw

Hi guys, can anyone confirm the total width of the s4 Esprit? Ive been searching around and so for ive got three totally different results:

1.  73.5 inches including mirrors, rear arches same width as mirrors.

2.  78 inches including door mirrors, 73 inches not including mirrors.

3.  74.1 inches including door mirrors

So which one is it? 🤔😂

Luckily I have a big garage but it has a single door entrance with an 82 inch opening. Thats going to be very tight if the car 78 inches wide as ill need the mirrors out to be able to reverse down the drive. 

Shaun

Edited by shaunw

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I've just performed a very rough measure on the GT3, and I'm coming up with around 79 incuding mirrors.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

For once, Sparky's about an inch too long.

Steady on, that'd be double figures.

• Haha 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

7 hours ago, Sparky said:

I've just performed a very rough measure on the GT3, and I'm coming up with around 79 incuding mirrors.

Thanks @Sparky  Might need to get the angle grinder out on the garange door frame if I end up with one then!

1 hour ago, shaunw said:

Thanks @Sparky  Might need to get the angle grinder out on the garange door frame if I end up with one then!

I haven't measured my garage door frame but I suspect it's the same - the 1989+ Citroen mirrors are awfully tight.

That said, I've found it easy to live with as long as you've space outside to line the car up before entering the garage - visibility down the sides of the car is good if you're going straight, you can see the rear arches easily.

The bigger deal is escaping the car once you're inside... hopefully your garage is a lot wider than 82 inches and doesn't have pillars near where you'd get in and out, I've been in garages where you can't!

10 minutes ago, JayTwo said:

I haven't measured my garage door frame but I suspect it's the same - the 1989+ Citroen mirrors are awfully tight.

That said, I've found it easy to live with as long as you've space outside to line the car up before entering the garage - visibility down the sides of the car is good if you're going straight, you can see the rear arches easily.

The bigger deal is escaping the car once you're inside... hopefully your garage is a lot wider than 82 inches and doesn't have pillars near where you'd get in and out, I've been in garages where you can't!

Thanks @JayTwo. Luckily the garage is large. 12 feet wide and 23 foot long. The opening of the garage is about 90 inches but the frame on the current door robs about 4 inches a side making entry with an Esprit, as you say, very tight.

Shaun

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with sparky,79, and it will not fit in a "modern" garage, the gap is just too small to get through without needing paint every month.

Once in a standard garage you cannot open the door enough to get out... Hence my GT3 lives out doors

By standard garage I mean the kind of garage built on modern estates in the UK.