free hit
counters
Fuel tank breather connections - Esprit S2 - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Fuel tank breather connections - Esprit S2

As part of the tidy up of my S2 whilst the body is off I have replaced the tank breather tube running it where as it was previously. So looking from the back of the car the tube runs up from the right hand filler neck, around the edge of the tailgate lip over to the left hand side filler neck where there is a tee, one end goes into the left hand tank filler neck where should it go then - my car has no evaporation tank so keen to know where was the vapour from the 2 joined tanks is supposed to go from the tee? out under the left hand tank? I suppose even if there was an evaporation tank that should vent somewhere safely.  

Thanks for any help on this.

Franc

IMG_2964.JPEG

IMG_2965.JPEG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably not correct for the purists but I routed my vent pipes to the drain holes at the back corners of the car. Didn't mess about with t pieces and all that extra tubing going up and over the bulkhead. 1 pipe for each breather.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009