free hit
counters
Lotus Design Furniture - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Does anyone know anything about this project? I believe it was in the 80's? I have the opportunity to buy something from it. but can find very little info on the project.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hugh Haskell wrote a book on Chapman and I am sure there was a chapter about him and his love of furniture. 

Must admit, I tend to view these things in a rather different way: Do you like it? Is it worth the money to you as a chair? If yes and yes, buy it. If there is a "No" in there somewhere then

Posted Images

That was lotus engineering and may have been to with the connections to boat building

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

@pete Hi, Thanks for the information, I have seen something a bit special but was trying to find a price point. It is a prototype for the furniture  from the 80's.

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Chapman and Ron Hickman worked together on furniture design and subsequently fell out over the workmate design which Chapman c!aimed was  designed on his drawing boards in his time

Hugh Haskell wrote a book on Chapman and I am sure there was a chapter about him and his love of furniture. 

• Like 1

@Mark Blanchard knows a thing or two about furniture... 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Never knew about Lotus furniture, interesting.  Are there any photos / sketches of the pieces?

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

@Mark Blanchard knows a thing or two about furniture... 

Only one or two things.

I don't have a picture but it's supposedly a one of chair. I have seen it and it looks the real deal. I was thinking of getting it but it's not cheap.

Amateurs built the Ark

• Gold FFM

Must admit, I tend to view these things in a rather different way:

Do you like it? Is it worth the money to you as a chair?

If yes and yes, buy it. If there is a "No" in there somewhere then don't.

Am definitely interested to see what it's like. Don't post up till you've bought it though - you may find some competition 

• Like 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

5 minutes ago, Bazza 907 said:

Think I've just seen a picture of it.

images.jpg

Ha ha, not quite Barry, this is a rather special item.

Amateurs built the Ark