free hit
counters
How to keep main lights on when using high beam - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

How to keep main lights on when using high beam

Hi,

Please excuse me for asking a question that must have already been asked before, still a newbie here!

I understand the UK S4s would switch off the main dipped beams when high beam is switched on.

Has anyone modified this so that all 4 lights stay on when using high beam?  There are 2 positive wires and one ground for the low beam.  Do you just need to run a diode from high beam to one of these wires?

Thank you in advance for the advice.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.sjsportscars.com/parts-and-accessories/SJ082M0011.htm

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks for the link.  Would this actually light up all 4 lights when using low beam ?  I will have the H1 socket on my so obviously would not want to have all 4 lights on when using low beam.  Thanks for the advice!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Not sure what you want to achieve. With a 5-pin relay like @Bibs posted on high beam you'll have 4 lamps lit: both interior H1 bulbs and the high beam filament in both outer H4 bulbs.

Or do you want to keep the low beam filaments in the outer H4 bulbs lit while high beam is used (as is the case when you flash the high beams)? This would offer no real benefit but could cause the H4s to run hot as they're not designed for prolonged use of both filaments together.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.