free hit
counters
Evora rear wing - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

On 25/10/2020 at 14:11, mayevora said:

That’s a great question and I’ve no idea at this stage. I probably need to make contact with someone who’s done it for some help/advice 

My advise is not to do it!!

Carbon will fade from UV exposure, it's a gradual effect that will go unnoticed as time goes on. If you cover part of it with stickers, these areas are protected and will not fade. When you come to peel them off, you'll be left with a shadow of the stickers that cannot be in rubbed back (usually due to fine pitting the eye cannot see). 

I knackered my original 211 Wing from doing just this with sponsors stickers. Will never do it again. 

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ideally I want it to look like this when finished but with body coloured uprights 

try junks:  [email protected] He has a few if i am correct.

This is the OEM GTE rear wing. No bolts and herringbone weave, not even a brake light.

Posted Images

On 25/10/2020 at 14:11, mayevora said:

That’s a great question and I’ve no idea at this stage. I probably need to make contact with someone who’s done it for some help/advice 

The one I ordered has arrived - the curve profile is not quite right for the evora, and the letters are a bit smaller than the ones in the photo. Can have a go at splitting into 3 pieces and it looks to fit better. Have not actually put it on yet.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Very happy with result so far. Shame to paint carbon fibre but uprights have been painted body colour. To me anyway it looks less ‘after market’ 😊

827759D1-6230-451E-986A-2847E68DC87E.jpeg

BBFDDD09-51FA-4B99-AB86-024061181F00.jpeg

DAD3C61A-B380-45AB-8D04-6C2FA35994ED.jpeg

6832F086-7D91-4CA8-9C41-BB4A7A8C28C1.jpeg

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

6 minutes ago, mayevora said:

Very happy with result so far

Colour looks a good match. I do prefer the look of the evora with the larger wing, it looks more complete.

So are SWLC going to do a lotus decal for the rear? I have fitted the one i bought, having cut the decal, changed the angle and spacing.

17 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Colour looks a good match. I do prefer the look of the evora with the larger wing, it looks more complete.

So are SWLC going to do a lotus decal for the rear? I have fitted the one i bought, having cut the decal, changed the angle and spacing.

Not seen it in the flesh yet but James says the colour match is perfect. I still won’t see it for a month yet as the steering wheel is being sent away for some alcantara.

Any pictures of your lettering?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

1 minute ago, mayevora said:

Not seen it in the flesh yet but James says the colour match is perfect.

I thought you may have had it back early.  SWLC don't do their own paint do they?

The rear wing is also a useful place to keep the charger on...

The second photo shows i have the cable running thru the slats in the engine cover.

DSCF0123.JPG

DSCF0124.JPG

😍 I’m really looking forward to seeing that - looks stunning 🤩 

Decals look good and correctly portioned/spaced. 

15 minutes ago, mayevora said:

😍 I’m really looking forward to seeing that - looks stunning 🤩 

Decals look good and correctly portioned/spaced. 

There are not perfect but look ok from a distance, was in two minds to do this, spent a while with a measure and masking tape, the decal was the one i got that was for an late model exige. This would probably look better on a flatter wing, the gt430 wing is a bit 'bent' on either side.

Where is SWLC getting one from for you car?

5 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Where is SWLC getting one from for you car?

I’ve looked at Zen Graphics and one other Company whos name escapes me at the mo.

Looks niiiicccceee!!  😎

I'm on the fence which looks better big wig or not.  Both look great, just not sure which is the one for me.  

Looking forward to COVID shenanigans being over and going to car meets again and seeing these lovely cars in the flesh.

Edited by electro_boy
  • Gold FFM

@mayevorain my opinion you made the right decision to paint the uprights. It does look more OEM and complete.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

On 26/10/2020 at 16:08, electro_boy said:

Those who got the wing fitted afterwards.   Did you notice any difference in the handling?

Absolutely nothing🙂 But in fairness, driving anything over the speed limit here is virtually a crime and as we are surrounded by unmarked mobile speed cars, it is financially better to just go along with them!

I am sure though on a track a difference will be noticed.

I only fitted mine for the 'outrageous' factor!

IMG_2948.jpg

• Like 2

It fitted mine to my previous evora S as it looks a lot better not for any handling improvement.

• Gold FFM

It'll knock quite a bit off your top speed. But how often, if ever, do you actually drive that fast?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Didn’t Thomas or someone say that the GTE wing created so much downforce at high Autobahn speeds that the uprights compressed and closed the panel gap to the clam and rubbed the paint? Not a problem you would get in this country!

• Gold FFM
On 03/12/2020 at 12:23, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Didn’t Thomas or someone say that the GTE wing created so much downforce at high Autobahn speeds that the uprights compressed and closed the panel gap to the clam and rubbed the paint? Not a problem you would get in this country!

Mine did too - rubbed a patch on each side right down to the undercoat in a matter of a few weeks. Fixed by attaching an adhesive rubber pad (the ones you get for the bottom of furniture legs) to each side.