free hit
counters
Evora rear wing - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Has anyone else ordered a carbon GTE wing direct from Japan? Price was good but pictures are minimal. Plus there is a 2 month wait to get delivery.

if anyone else has ordered one I’d be interested in the result when it arrived. Was it a good fit and well made?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ideally I want it to look like this when finished but with body coloured uprights 

try junks:  [email protected] He has a few if i am correct.

This is the OEM GTE rear wing. No bolts and herringbone weave, not even a brake light.

Posted Images

i got mine from a very helpful seller in norfolk. a factory one for a similar price to the aftermarket ones. Also the imports could have some import duty/tax applied.  I fitted it to my evora s last xmas,I also bought a stop light for it from SJ.  But now have removed it so that i could p/ex it against my gt430.  so the spoiler could be for sale. We met at SWLC open day last year and i live just west of exeter. my evora being the amethyst grey. when i find a photo of it i'll post it.

the guy on ebay has not got the item listed, but i sent a few photos of my car to him and he added them to his listing. i think the rear wing makes the car look a lot better.. they are just decals on the end plates.

IMGP2309.JPG

IMGP2297.JPG

i also posted the info about it look as if there will be lotus dealer in exeter, probably in hendy honda.

Hi

Yes remember meeting you twice - once at South West Lotus and once at ReFuel.

Ive finally got round to ordering one but just hoping what arrives is what I am expecting.

I should have posted this question 2 weeks ago before ordering so I could have had a look at yours. 

Congrats on the gt430 👍😊 I’ve not had the pleasure or going in one yet.

Is it not possible to take the rear brake light off the original wing and refit it on the carbon wing?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Ideally I want it to look like this when finished but with body coloured uprights 

B68BE51E-B514-499F-90A5-E8CDB9E8797E.jpeg

• Like 2

junks is where i got mine from, he bought around 35 from the factory, very helpful bloke

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mayevora said:

Is it not possible to take the rear brake light off the original wing and refit it on the carbon wing?

it is possible but getting the cable fed thru to the right side upright was not easy,  and where the recess is for the light was not big enough for the where the cable comes out of the light fitting, so in the end i fitted a set of joiners in 2 places. And it meant that i could easily refit the original one, and i'd have a spare light in case it failed. The lotus c/f wing also needed larger diameter bolts, the holes in the tailgate were big enough though. it was more difficult getting the cable connector in the right upright apart. Made a couple of wooden supports to keep the boot open just enough to get the bolts undone and to stop the wing moving too much.

• Like 1

The other thing i found that the c/f wing was heavier than i expected and the tailgate struts were a bit weak so i had to change them.

Many years ago i owned a jps 91 f1 rear wing element, that i had mounted on a wall and it was incredibly light.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mayevora said:

where do you hope to get the large LOTUS decal for the top of the wing..I suppose the same sort of size would fit mine as well.

2 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

where do you hope to get the large LOTUS decal for the top of the wing..I suppose the same sort of size would fit mine as well.

That’s a great question and I’ve no idea at this stage. I probably need to make contact with someone who’s done it for some help/advice 

Mine had bolts in the end plates, as it was useful when my paint shop painted it. These are seen on the parts diagram, but i think that the bolts given here are the wrong size.

click to enlarge

May be there are 2 different versions,  elise spares have 3 still available -  listed as for the evora gte/gt4

http://elise-spares.com/Rear-Wing-Spoiler-Lotus-2-11 GT4

the plot thickens as they say...

35 minutes ago, Reindeer said:

Sorry to intrude.....but ExeterJeep....does this mean your rear wing is for sale?

it might be, i had planned to keep it for awhile in case i bought a gt410 non sport as this would fit except for the centre holes and plate left behind when the 400 style wing is removed. it was suggested to me that i then get an evora / s tailgate to use.

This may also depend on how i get on with the 430 in the coming months, and what (if) i get another lotus next time. or maybe the new car....

• Gold FFM

My wing was originally from Lotus Motorsport (purchased when they were selling-off their surplus stock at a Brands Hatch Lotus Festival several years back), is in GRP rather than CF, has the end plates bolted on as per the DeRoure diagram (which for me was great as it made the application of the two-tone paint job so much easier for my local bodyshop), and had no high-level brake light which was something I addressed - story here: 

21 minutes ago, electro_boy said:

Those who got the wing fitted afterwards.   Did you notice any difference in the handling?

I can't say I did, I don't tend to drive very fast anyway  - well I have reached retirement age now.  Although I have the A30/M5 nearby.  I fitted my wing as I think it  makes the car look better from most angles. - especially the rear. It did not make the rear view any worse either.

I see you live in Hemel - I used to live there until 12 years ago when I moved to Devon, was a customer of London Lotus for many years until they closed...