free hit
counters
Time to bid farewell - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, time to summarize seven years of Evora ownership. We bought the car in March 2014, an ex demonstrator at Lotus Gothenburg. By then it had 5,000 km on the odometer. The car was one of two Evora tha

I’m leaving the Lotus family too 😞 Had my Evora 400 from new for the last four years and completely loved it, but as the planet is heading for oblivion I may as well spend all my savings on th

Ah, that’s a shame. You’ve been one of the Evora stalwarts over the past few years.  Dare we ask what you are replacing it with?

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Ah, that’s a shame. You’ve been one of the Evora stalwarts over the past few years. 

Dare we ask what you are replacing it with?

065DD37D-5171-4EC2-BB22-63F840C1D8C7.thumb.jpeg.271adaca4ca129ca13aa3cd2cb3657eb.jpeg

An F-Type roadster

Congrats on the new car and commiserations on the sale of the Evora Stefan. The F-Type's make an epic noise but you know they're not a light car when you're driving one after an Evora! 

Have fun with it, stick around and we'll look forward to seeing you in another Lotus someday I hope :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Sorry to hear you're leaving the fold Stefan but I'm sure you'll return again one day.

It was great to see you along with the Lotus car club of Sweden when you all joined up with us for Lotus in the Peak, hope to see you all again one day but in the meantime enjoy your F type; they do sound epic 👍

Edited by Phil S1
  • Like 1

I’m leaving the Lotus family too 😞

Had my Evora 400 from new for the last four years and completely loved it, but as the planet is heading for oblivion I may as well spend all my savings on the next step up.

From my test drive and looking at McLarens, the build quality of my Evora exceeds what I’ll be buying into.  McLarens’ panel gaps vary, rubber trims are coming away, panels are flexing out of shape, software glitches, continual fault codes. The McLaren I’ve just bought is two years old and has depreciated through the floor (which is how I can afford it - “afford” in the ‘man maths’ sense of course). My Evora is twice as old, still held on to a good value, never let me down, a few issues but all easily resolved.  It’ll be going to Parks in Hamilton if anyone hear wants to know more about its (good) history (it is grey/tan, auto, 2016, 19,500 miles).

I'm not leaving this forum though. There is real sense of family here - the McLaren forum and facebook pages seem to have a very bitter edge to them which Is Not Good.

I'll be back one day!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Hard to know if we need to send congrats or commiserations Peter but it's good you're hanging around! Enjoy the Macca! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

On 28/10/2020 at 16:49, Phil S1 said:

Sorry to hear you're leaving the fold Stefan but I'm sure you'll return again one day.

It was great to see you along with the Lotus car club of Sweden when you all joined up with us for Lotus in the Peak, hope to see you all again one day but in the meantime enjoy your F type; they do sound epic 👍

The Lotus in the Peaks event was epic! 👍👍👍