free hit
counters
S1 Full Restoration...Left to Right Hand Drive - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

S1 Full Restoration...Left to Right Hand Drive

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And in the Beginning hi Folks.   I have now acquired a March 77 yellow S1. Left hand Drive which I will convert to RHD as my project. It may not be yellow when I finish it! We sh

Hi Duncan, interested to know your VIN#.  Mine is 77030165H, also a March 77 car. Mine is also a Gel coat colored car, is your’s?, and is painted Lemon Yellow. Good luck with the project.  

Good to see that another Esprit is going to get restored. Looks good in yellow. Whereabouts are you located? Chris

Posted Images

Good to see that another Esprit is going to get restored. Looks good in yellow.

Whereabouts are you located?

Chris

• Like 1

Hi Duncan and welcome!

I have a LHD Esprit S1. I was going to convert it to RHD but was persuaded by the forum to keep it LHD. (for originality, travelling around Europe, selling on opportunities in Europe etc).

Good luck with the resto. (Excuse my ignorance but what are 16.3 measurement collars? Is it to make the Wolfrace wheels fit?) Regards. Lez

• Like 1

Good luck with the resto, Duncan. Partial to the yellow here. Yours should be a gel coat colored car. They polish up surprisingly well without painting unless you have damage to fix.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Keep it as LHD. They are rare and worth more on the continent. 

You could probably swap with RHD on the continent and walk away with a little money.

• Like 1

The Real Stig Lotus Turbo Esprit, Lotus Elise S1, Lotus Elite, Lancia Delta, Jaguar XF ....Previous cars: Subaru SVX, Porsche 924 Turbo, Lotus Eclat Excel, Lotus Elite, Matra Murena 2,2, Fiat X1/9 5sp

Totally agree with Stig, I was considering changing my JPS but had similar advice which makes sense as both of my previous RHD JPS Esprit’s went to Europe (Switzerland and Germany) because the buyers couldn’t find any LHD examples. It makes the car ideal for road trips as well 👍🏻😁

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

1 hour ago, The Real Stig said:

Keep it as LHD. They are rare and worth more on the continent. 

You could probably swap with RHD on the continent and walk away with a little money.

You'd struggle to find a RHD S1 in Europe, and you certainly wouldn't end up with money in the pocket. Unless the seller was unaware of the value of RHD S1s.

On 02/11/2020 at 00:35, gtookey said:

Hi Duncan, interested to know your VIN#.  Mine is 77030165H, also a March 77 car. Mine is also a Gel coat colored car, is your’s?, and is painted Lemon Yellow.

Good luck with the project.

188AF351-D9F1-473F-A71C-DC2E79EF2C99.jpeg

That stagecoach probably got there before the Esprit! 😄😄😄😄

Gavin, that landscape shot of your gorgeous car with stagecoach should be enlarged to poster size, framed and hanging on walls!

• 2 weeks later...