free hit
counters
Esprit series 1 front suspension Lower ball joint replacement / fitting problem. - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit series 1 front suspension Lower ball joint replacement / fitting problem.

Hello everyone,

I'm having troubles with replacing the lower ball joints on my S1. They are fitted on the lower wishbone so the hardest part is done however....

The new ones supplied by SJ came with a nyloc nut which I can't get to fully lock on the car....

Once the nut reaches the nyloc the whole pivot /bolt, whatever you call it, starts to spin inside the ball joint and it won't go any lower and reach full position /make contact.

No way I could get it at the correct torque either.

Please see attached photo, this is as far as i was able to go before the pivot started spinning.

What is the correct procedure to do this please?

Many thanks in advance.

Anthony

DSC_1409.JPG

Hey whats wrong with this wreck? We`re getting gas back here.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
14 hours ago, Hemlock said:

Once the nut reaches the nyloc the whole pivot /bolt, whatever you call it, starts to spin inside the ball joint and it won't go any lower and reach full position /make contact.

Andy's advice is good, you can also replace the nyloc nut with an ordinary nut & tighten that until the taper has full contact then replace the ordinary nut with the nyloc. :thumbup:

• Like 2

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk