free hit
counters
Autocar "The modern cars vanishing from our roads" - Evora at #37. Really? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Autocar "The modern cars vanishing from our roads" - Evora at #37. Really?

https://www.autocar.co.uk/slideshow/modern-cars-vanishing-our-roads#6

"The modern cars vanishing from our roads.

We reveal the cars most in danger of going extinct, going from most models left in existence, to least

We’re not even two decades in and already there are some 21st century cars that are heading towards extinction.

When did you last see a Renault Vel Satis, a Suzuki Kizashi or an MG Rover CitiRover? And how many times is Cadillac going to try and relaunch its range in Europe?

Here are the desperate last rolls of the dice, half-baked segment busters hoping to snare indulgent middle class whims, tentative ventures into alternative propulsion systems, children of unfortunate alliances and plain old turkeys – all populate our gallery of 21st century misfits:

37: Lotus Evora

Launched: 2009

Total sales: c850

Numbers left: 718

It’s not been a huge seller, despite its many merits. Its big problem is Porsche, and a price that has risen, in real terms, over the years. Its 100% apparent survival rate is impressive."

All I can say is what a truly meaningless article, but there again it is from Autocar.  The VX220 is also included at #38.

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with the sentiments on Autocar and the article is pretty counter-intuitive - If 85% of all Evora's made are still on the road it hardly makes it a disappearing car?! 

Autocar is utter garbage. I think its entire function is to keep Steve Cropley in corporate jollies.

I stopped believing anything Autocar publish years ago.  Their photoshopped images of "scoop" upcoming designs are laughable.  Over 3,500 Evoras were sold in the first 5 years of production, so those

I stopped believing anything Autocar publish years ago.  Their photoshopped images of "scoop" upcoming designs are laughable.  Over 3,500 Evoras were sold in the first 5 years of production, so those numbers aren't accurate.  They say their source is hommanyleft.co.uk which only includes UK registered cars, and by their own admission isn't an accurate source.

Rare and with high retention rate doesn't equate to "vanishing"!

• Like 1