free hit
counters
Fuel pipe routeing - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi Guys, on my  1975 Elite S1 I am having difficulty seeing where the fuel pipe runs along the chassis from rear to front, currently a previous owner has cable tyed a length of rubber hose to the brake pipe, which is obviously not right. I have ordered a new nylon pipe from SJ but where to route it  (and  secure it to the chassis)

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It runs along the front chassis leg and through the chassis and exits at the back just behind the rear diff. 🙂

The problem you're going to have if the propshaft is still in place is securing the fuel hose to the inside wall of the chassis.  Can you get access to that area? Pete

The chassis is divided into sections by bulkheads that the prop shaft passes through. These bulk heads have a hole in the corner for the fuel pipe to pass through that keeps it clear of the prop shaft

It runs along the front chassis leg and through the chassis and exits at the back just behind the rear diff. 🙂

• Like 1

It's getting there......

The problem you're going to have if the propshaft is still in place is securing the fuel hose to the inside wall of the chassis.  Can you get access to that area?

Pete

• Like 1

The chassis is divided into sections by bulkheads that the prop shaft passes through. These bulk heads have a hole in the corner for the fuel pipe to pass through that keeps it clear of the prop shaft.

• Like 1

Yep - Mike's right.  I'd forgotten about those holes.  I had to enlarge mine slightly to get a dash-6 braided hose to go through OK.  I remember being surprised that the original fuel pipe seemed to just be allowed to fret against these holes without any further support (clips).  Since I also had the body off I took the opportunity to fix mine in place with proper hose clips (I'm a bit paranoid about fuel hoses!).

Pete

• Like 1