free hit
counters
RIP the original James Bond - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

RIP the original James Bond

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big Bond fan. This was the mileage showing on my Evora on Saturday just after the announcement of Sean's passing. I had not used the car since Friday night - so this was on start up Saturday PM.

RIP :   Barbara Broccoli (Cubby's daughter) said that Sean Connery was the reason for the franchise' success. 

Sean was a great actor and I hope he rests in peace.  But Roger Moore was clearly the best Bond.  The best cardboard acting and cars from the franchise.

Posted Images

I think it would be a toss up between the best remembered cars as well. Either this one or the S1 sub..

RIP

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I never quite understood how this patriotic Scotsman, who so whole heartedly supported Scottish independence, was so happy to live in the Bahamas for so many years....

You would be amazed at how many Scots who chose to leave want Independence and the right to vote for it even though they do not live here, pay taxes here, or contribute to society here. If it means that much then get your arses back here to make it work 

Connery had a good innings. Personally, my favourite film of his was The Hunt for Red October. Great film and he played a great part 

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Big Bond fan. This was the mileage showing on my Evora on Saturday just after the announcement of Sean's passing. I had not used the car since Friday night - so this was on start up Saturday PM.

815461827_67007mileageEagle31Oct2020RIPSConnery.thumb.jpg.f003862d704d5a469f97477b0f11912b.jpg

• Like 2

RIP Mr Connery. 

You will be shorely mished. ✌️

1D18DDB7-9595-462D-9B1F-4737A4B22B84.jpeg

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

In my humble view he was a good actor and I generally likes the movies in which he played a role. Actually many movies.

I do like that the 007 movies are not all the same, but to me, Sean Connery was the best one. Never like the present one, as he lost the elegance and became a hard hitting bully with a licence. And the later movies lost the aspect of super villans and exchanged them for more local criminals or whatever.

Thank you for all of your acting abilities Sean. Rest in Peace and I think there may be more peacefull where you are now, than down here, where many seems to be taken by all sorts of directions.

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)