free hit
counters
New Lotus owner in Cheshire, UK - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

New Lotus owner in Cheshire, UK

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all, I have just purchased a 2018 Lotus Evora 410 Sport (Auto) and I wanted to introduce myself and how I came to be a Lotus owner. About six weeks ago, I was out shopping and my wife

I hope Lotus follows TLF and reads @Johnhowards post. It amazes me the car guys still don't know the brand, let alone specific models.   Welcome along and enjoy your fab car fella.

Bloody hell. The Whipping Stocks. I used to go their on Friday's for lunch as I worked a short walk away at Radbroke Hall for Barclays....!  Bloody hell. Haven't thought about that place since I left

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Superb. Welcome to the wonderful and very exclusive world of Evora 410 Sport ownership.  These cars are an absolute blast as I am sure you have realised. I've had mine from new and it's been totally reliable too.  Nice one and lovely looking car that. The black and white is a great look on the Evora. 👍

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
5 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

I hope Lotus follows TLF and reads @Johnhowards post. It amazes me the car guys still don't know the brand, let alone specific models.

Welcome along and enjoy your fab car fella.

This is the whole problem with Evora sales. Not enough people know about it. Know what it is. Know just how bloody good it is.  I'm really glad that the OP's wife was on the ball! (so to speak!)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Welcome to TLF and congratulations on the new Evora :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

I tell you what, that is a keeper: the wife as well as the car. She got style.

I do like a white car..........I was not sure about white Evora though but have since changed my mind. They look even better in the flesh.

Evora is the best car ever made, that no-one has heard of.

Justin

On 02/11/2020 at 18:13, Bravo73 said:

Welcome to TLF. 👋 That’s a great start to your Lotus journey. 

Has your car got the cf buckets in it?

Yes, it has got the carbon seats, I understand that these are used in the Exige. I really like the look of them and I find them very comfortable and they add to the whole theatre of the look and general feel of the car. There is a knack to getting in them without impaling yourself, but you soon get used to it!

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments.

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, Johnhoward said:

Yes, it has got the carbon seats, I understand that these are used in the Exige. I really like the look of them and I find them very comfortable and they add to the whole theatre of the look and general feel of the car. There is a knack to getting in them without impaling yourself, but you soon get used to it!

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments.

Mine has the carbon seats too John and I love them. I'm not a "slim Jim" but once in them I find them surprisingly comfortable on long journeys as the back of the carbon seat can "flex" a little which cushions some of our great road service imperfections somewhat.

One thing to watch out for though is those carbon seats are fitted quite "flat" in the Evora so as a result the under thigh support can be a bit lacking.  Jon Seal had some adjustable brackets made that gave 2 additional settings that allowed you to angle the seat backwards and this really helped a great deal.  I don't think he has any more available but may be worth contacting him as they do make a difference. The other alternative would be to get some longer bolts for the runner at the front and pack underneath the runner with some appropriate washer or a metal spacer to give the desired tilt angle.  Something to think about and experiment with as you get to know the car.

You really have a cracker there. It looks superb in white and black and will turn many heads.  I am biased but for the money you pay now the 410 Sport offers it all, and so much carbon, lot's and lots of carbon! 

Would be good to know where you are in Cheshire as I am (in non Covid times) often down from Scotland and in that neck of the woods to see my mother who lives in Winsford. Hopefully post Covid we can arrange to meet up for a blast in some of those glorious Cheshire lanes!  All the best.

Congrats and welcome

If you're passing the Whipping Stocks about 1.30 on the 1st Sunday of the month wed love to see it.......

Cheshire Lotus Owners Group.....

😀😀

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• Gold FFM

Bloody hell. The Whipping Stocks. I used to go their on Friday's for lunch as I worked a short walk away at Radbroke Hall for Barclays....!  Bloody hell. Haven't thought about that place since I left Barclays in 1989!

• Haha 1

On 04/11/2020 at 08:15, C8RKH said:

Mine has the carbon seats too John and I love them........

Thanks for the tip with the seats, I am finding them fine for now now, but well worth having this info for future reference.

On 04/11/2020 at 22:45, theelanman said:

If you're passing the Whipping Stocks about 1.30 on the 1st Sunday of the month wed love to see it.......

Thanks for the invite, we don't live far from Knutsford and often go there shopping, or at least we used to before everything had to shut! I didn't know about the Whipping Stocks as we are fairly new to the area. Look forward to checking it out and seeing you once some normality returns.

• Like 1