free hit
counters
Woot’s Exige 350 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content


Woot’s Exige 350


Woots

Recommended Posts


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Enter spring and a service bought up the need for a little warranty work, she needed a new alarm as it didn’t make any noise...and a new FARB bush to get rid of an annoying squeak over anything other than smooth roads...she also needed some new rubber as I’d somehow worn the PS4’s down to near slicks..👀

 

B4DA9542-7E04-40DB-9111-5D3EAB2B0C19.jpeg
 

Covid...car wasn’t really used much for a few weeks but then we started the ventilator project at work and as my only car it meant the commute to work was quite enjoyable with the quiet roads, nice weather...and joy of being able to escape the house! 
 

Once things opened up we were able to take her out to go and do some nice walks...with some socially distanced parking...

 

13795029-C423-4A00-8EB4-146C802B1C92.jpeg

Edited by Woots
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

C’mon Adam.....you can do better than that......we need more pics of that wee white Anniversary beauty of yours - you’ve got plenty time before you’re back pulling wheels off racing cars again......you’ll be hoping for a better weekend next time out!😉 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

C’mon Adam.....you can do better than that......we need more pics of that wee white Anniversary beauty of yours - you’ve got plenty time before you’re back pulling wheels off racing cars again......you’ll be hoping for a better weekend next time out!😉 

I’m getting there 😂 I’m hoping to just edit the first 1 or 2 posts to make it easier for anyone to read rather than trawling through pages but let’s see 🙃

Yes well...it can’t get much worse can it...unless...they crash into each other 😂😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fast forward to September, following a decent result in Silverstone i decided to drive home..rather than stay another night in the hotel. It’s only a 20 minute drive from the factory to my house and done it a hundred times, anyway dual carriageway at night, rubbish headlights and doing a calm 70mph, a small deer decided to take a break in the middle of the road. (Un)fortunately I didn’t have time to avoid it so ploughed straight into her, not a very nice noise and when I saw some bloody flicking up over the headlights I knew it wasn’t going to be nice....pulled over to find the deer very dead, and very stuck in the front grill area of the car...turned round back to work to pull out the poor sod....I’ve got some pics of it hanging out the car but I will save those grossed out easily the distress....

To say I was gutted is an understatement, I’ve never even scraped a car let alone causing one damage so was a bit of a shock. Rang insurance first thing which put me at ease a little, and fortunately had Protected NCD. They took a few days to assign me a workshop and in the meantime the guys at Lotus Silverstone had put me in touch with an approved Lotus body shop localish called ‘The Beaconsfield Workshop’ who specialise in Bentley and Jag repairs and restoration as well as being Lotus Approved, I persuaded insurance to let me use them (they didn’t put up any protest fair play to them and from the outset said they classed these as ‘supercars’ so would only suggest I took it to a suitable place anyway, which again made me feel better. 
Reasons for me making this post are to allow for full transparency and honesty should I ever want to sell the car. A few guys already know about this misfortune but a potential buyer will rather know what’s happened and the extent of work carried out, rather than anything shady or hidden...

94E93E60-8871-4B82-9601-667F61E9BFD2.jpeg

86FFFD1C-0FAA-4264-A12D-CA895754B8F3.jpeg

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Woots said:

Enter spring and a service bought up the need for a little warranty work, she needed a new alarm as it didn’t make any noise...and a new FARB bush to get rid of an annoying squeak over anything other than smooth roads...she also needed some new rubber as I’d somehow worn the PS4’s down to near slicks..👀

 

B4DA9542-7E04-40DB-9111-5D3EAB2B0C19.jpeg
 

Covid...car wasn’t really used much for a few weeks but then we started the ventilator project at work and as my only car it meant the commute to work was quite enjoyable with the quiet roads, nice weather...and joy of being able to escape the house! 
 

Once things opened up we were able to take her out to go and do some nice walks...with some socially distanced parking...

 

Seeing your wheel, you don't like to take off your own wheels that quick 😂🤣. You guys rock at the pitstops, hope my Dutch companion Max will gain some luck.... 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excellent choice after a nightmare scenario. So it’s going to be 380 Cup front end. Cup Rear spoiler very much needs to be the next purchase then surely. And that rear panel you were swithering over for the perfect finish😎

As long as your bonuses are dependent on World Record Wheel changing and not No.2’s finishing position, you’ll be fine😉

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ouch! Could you tap up @Composite guru for some repair work?! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

Lol that's so like my 20 year old VX220 complete with the chargecooler/rad cooler pipes into the sill. You can see how the front is pure Elise isn't it?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Lol that's so like my 20 year old VX220 complete with the chargecooler/rad cooler pipes into the sill. You can see how the front is pure Elise isn't it?

I wish I had more pics of underneath these, find it all quite fascinating seeing how they’re bolted together...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

If you can get a car's wheels off in under 2 seconds you should be able to get the clam off in 10 minutes with practice!  :)

 

  • Haha 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...