free hit
counters
Woot’s Exige 350 - Page 2 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Woot’s Exige 350

Woots

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very nice indeed!  What colour are you thinking of for the wheels? Would seem a shame to hide the design in black, as many of them are.  I'm looking for some silver forged wheels like yours so if you ever consider changing to an alternative wheel then please let me know!

Candy red gets the vote from me too 👌

Gold seems to be appearing everywhere all of a sudden and with a number of manufacturers now offering gold as an option I'm sure it won't be long before they're on every young boy racers car (again!)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DMH83 said:

What you’ve done  from  turning a disaster Into something really successful.

you must be so pleased with the outcome.

that carbon front access panel is stunning 

Thanks mate, yeah pretty chuffed! When it happened I was so down about it but figured if I can get a silver lining then at least it won’t all be for nothing 🙂

• Like 1

I have a white (old english) 350 Sport too. When i bought it, wheels were red ala Cup ... with red wrap all around. I asked the dealer to remove wrap and to swap wheels with komotec forged in ... silver 🤣

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Exx said:

I have a white (old english) 350 Sport too. When i bought it, wheels were red ala Cup ... with red wrap all around. I asked the dealer to remove wrap and to swap wheels with komotec forged in ... silver 🤣

Noo wayyy hahaha...

Any pics?

9 hours ago, Exx said:

Sounds like you made it much nicer :)

:D

The fact is i was not really happy with the wheels mixing red for the painting and yellow for calipers and central caps

Also i'm not a big fan of trying to make your car looks like another more expensive/special model ... you have to be proud of the one you bought otherwise you have to wait for deeper pockets in order to buy the one you REALLY want. That's funny because the first owner who did that to my car sold it after 8000 miles and traded it for a real Cup with all the stuff and wheels in red ;)

Also imho the Exige V6 looks so nice and "racing" OEM than silver wheels are the perfect racing matching ones :D but i'm not a big fan of standard wheels or even forged in silver so i had to pick the komo

Woots : i will post pictures of it ASAP

Edited by Exx
  • Thanks 1

Nop, stock ones and no spacers :)

Woot : you car is really perfect with the carbon front splitter and front panel and those colors .. i would not change anything .. maybe a rear carbon wing but i m not even sur about that .. in fact i'm jealous about it 

6 hours ago, Exx said:

Hey Woots, my last post was not for you, i realise you could take it personally, your front claim change was a nice thing as it was dead, i like it

Mate didn’t think you’d said anything offensive in the least :) we cool x

2 hours ago, Exx said:

Nop, stock ones and no spacers :)

Woot : you car is really perfect with the carbon front splitter and front panel and those colors .. i would not change anything .. maybe a rear carbon wing but i m not even sur about that .. in fact i'm jealous about it 

Damnnn...I actually think you’re right...maybe it’s that shade of red but you definitely made the right choice....the new wheels look mega

5 hours ago, Exx said:

How it looked before :

ACtC-3fGzop0Q-LbIndONijoUvROedg4cpbmXWvG

ACtC-3fydAiE2raZCAJ-ZOXwPrtfyFZ6Xbf3dtG7

ACtC-3dE6CIqS7ZoYzTRKh3yvROs9XnxKiaxwHIQ

And how it is right now (note that you are totally entitled to say you think it looked better before :D :D ) :

ACtC-3dXfuFcdj4x-evIgJGrnvRhKFVhnBEJ2HUv

I personally hate the design of the Exige S/350 wheels,  but I really like the red colour. 

On the other hand I love the design of those komotec wheels,  but I don't like the silver colour with a white car  🤪

38 minutes ago, Exx said:

Woots 1500€ for the carbon lotus front panel was a special price ? Because adaptable ones are more expansive and seems to not fit perfectly

Hmm not sure if it was a special price...Robert Beke at Lotus Silverstone managed to source it for me but not sure if it was sat in their store cupboard or if he could just get it at that price....probably worth me mentioning that they don’t come with the wire mesh which is another £200 I think...I know...expensive chicken wire

Let me know if you want me to get a message to him about trying to get another for you or something