free hit
counters
Regular Service....and MoT - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Regular Service....and MoT

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly can't fault Lotus and my Lotus dealer ......... Needed my MoT as itd already been move from May Service, health check, MoT and lots of other bits.......tracking check, clearing ai

How on gods earth could they get it to £771 - that’s bastard terrible.  unless they put new brakes on all round, tyres, exhaust and a full service with a tank of fuel

Hyperviber for those who can’t work out which is a spanner or wrench we are resigned to the mercy of a decent garage and it’s staff  I wish I lived next door to you as you be my eternal best

Mines,s there atm Gareth replacement wiper motor clam off job and air con fault turns out to be a hole in pipe and Lotus not got one at all. Hope we can find a solution while clam is off. Also replaced ABS sensor so sport mode back hopefully and a clean MOT. Then the big question do I sell for a 400 they let me take out 410GT and what a car it’s awesome

Annual service on my 9 year old Evora S with an hour's worth of various fettling: £497

Annual service for our 5 year old "cheap runabout" VW Up: £771

(in fairness I just paid the VED on the Up at £20, compared to the Evora at £565)

• Confused 1

Interestingly I've got a Skoda Citigo........VW Up in disguise........good little runabout!

I have no idea how they can justify their VAG service prices........its a three cylinder very simple engine.

I managed to do a major service on it myself for the grand total of £43 in parts.......how they get it above £700 is absolutely crazy!

• Like 1

How on gods earth could they get it to £771 - that’s bastard terrible. 
unless they put new brakes on all round, tyres, exhaust and a full service with a tank of fuel

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

And that was with a VW indie not a main dealer!  The main surprise was a 5-year cambelt change, stated by VW as mandatory but some differences of view online.  Last year it was £508 for a major (2-year) service and MOT at a VW dealer.

Carried out my own Evora service recently. (using the official job sheet)

Decided to replace all the plugs and plug caps (one cap was suspect), also did the gearbox oil, along with the regular oil + filter. 

All it cost was the parts..

I understand why some want the service stamp etc, but in all in all it's one of the easiest car's i have worked on.

Aside from the savings, I actually enjoy the tinkering just as much as the driving so double the fun (well, for me anyway!).

Everything I do is photographed (for proof), receipts catalogged and filed in date order (for prosperity).

The labour I haved saved over the last 3 years has gone towards a new bumper (I just fancy a fresher look) and will be pulling the trigger on the purchase at the end of the month - so excited..!

The only things I can't do (so far) are the geo setups and ABS brake bleeding (it's a small garage!!)

(I did fix the A/C though..)

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Hyperviber

for those who can’t work out which is a spanner or wrench we are resigned to the mercy of a decent garage and it’s staff 

I wish I lived next door to you as you be my eternal best friend , I have tried to look into both official or independent lotus garages to no avail and whilst happy with my local lotus garage , I dreaded the final bill for work undertaken 

• Like 2