free hit
counters
What's fallen off my engine? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What's fallen off my engine?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Based on the bracket, it looks like a condenser (A132E6376S). #33. There should be one per bank.     Here's a picture of mine on bank 2. Looks like the bolt probably came loose an

Thanks. I'd never have guessed it was an interference suppression capacitor. I don't think that I've got much chance of re-attaching it where it is supposed go onto the front camshaft cover, as t

Posted Images

Based on the bracket, it looks like a condenser (A132E6376S). #33. There should be one per bank.

image.png.00e2a3ddf6a559028e4b2d1346185766.png

Here's a picture of mine on bank 2. Looks like the bolt probably came loose and that's why yours is flapping around. 

IMG_20201106_153059.jpg.468da37cbd89fea38fa2df7368ad1904.jpg

From what I found, they're noise filtering capacitors (250V, 2.2 uF) to help reduce ignition noise and/or alternator whine that is sometimes picked up by the radio/headunit. Also mentioned in the wiring diagrams as front and rear noise filters:

condensers.png.5e76567aae09fd7a295167bb6c17f925.png

• Thanks 2

Thanks. I'd never have guessed it was an interference suppression capacitor.

I don't think that I've got much chance of re-attaching it where it is supposed go onto the front camshaft cover, as the supercharger is in the way: I can only just get a finger to feel the bolt hole, let alone get any tools into the gap.

Luckily there's a nearby wiring-loom bracket bolted to the supercharger body, so I think that I'll have to re-attach the capacitor there instead. I've measured the electrical resistance between the supercharger body and the camshaft cover and it's less than 1 ohm, so I'm thinking it should still work alright.

• Like 1