free hit
counters
Carbon access panel stripes - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Apologies if this has already been asked elsewhere but I couldn’t find anything.

Ive recently bought a carbon fibre access panel and was wondering if anyone knew a company that could supply the coloured stripe decals like the attached image. 

D09629AE-3FEF-4BB5-A72A-851574A05810.jpeg

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apologies if this has already been asked elsewhere but I couldn’t find anything. Ive recently bought a carbon fibre access panel and was wondering if anyone knew a company that could supply the c

I used tape on mine.  Works really well.  Will dig out where I got it from.

Sure, will take some tonight when I get home.  Still trying to find the bl**dy link for buying them!

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Rob-W said:

Apologies if this has already been asked elsewhere but I couldn’t find anything.

Ive recently bought a carbon fibre access panel and was wondering if anyone knew a company that could supply the coloured stripe decals like the attached image. 

They are painted on, and then the whole panel is lacquered over

I know someone who doesn’t have factory stripes / ‘cat scratches’ on their car - they have used stick on coloured stripes of similar widths (not sure of dimensions but would guess 0.5cm- 0.75cm), with front ends cut at a 45 degree angle - it looks quite convincing. I wasn’t looking in detail and had to be told to realise that the stripes weren’t factory.

Thanks for the replies. I ideally don’t want to paint the stripes as I’m currently not 100% if I want them or not. At least vinyl decals would be easy to remove if I don’t like them. 

17 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Any chance of some close ups Guy?👍

Sure, will take some tonight when I get home.  Still trying to find the bl**dy link for buying them!

• Like 1

Easy DIY project....buy some vinyl wrap material of the color you want, cut to width you'd like and install.  Alternatively, any professional "wrap" shop could do it -- it would be a quick and easy job for them.

388386471_Front-splittercopy-adjust.thumb.jpg.c9f94faa94b9101feee9cabaad45b754.jpg285193363_front-side2-fencecopy-adjust.thumb.jpg.2196b879d657273d53734d4c06c9d03e.jpg

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

On 08/11/2020 at 21:43, Davey D said:

They are painted on, and then the whole panel is lacquered over

But can they be found on the market for lacquered adhesive tapes ?

... to be similar to that of the front access panel of 380 or 430 (red maybe a little dark)

Do you know any brand?

It's not out there as far as I know. Could buy the deroure masking template and then have wrap cut in correct sizing. 

If more people are interested and contribute I could buy the template and share. 

• Like 1