free hit
counters
Bouncing speedometer oh yeah! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I like so many others suffered from this on 2 previous drives then on the last drive it seems no more speedo at all. 

This thread will be all about my path to fix it and it may or may not help others. My Esprit is heavily modded in the electronics aspect so my solutions are unusual. 

I swapped the 2 rear VSS sensors 

they both work

no flashing ABS bulb

Here is some preliminary vids of my testing. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i can see the videos are all there, but either way i solved the problem with the test on video 2.   https://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1163359/fullsize/vdo-gauge.jpg this is how I hooked it

• 2 weeks later...

i can see the videos are all there, but either way i solved the problem with the test on video 2. 

https://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1163359/fullsize/vdo-gauge.jpg

this is how I hooked it up, went for a calibration drive of 1 mile, the speedo CAL went from 6170 pulses to 36,310 using the sign wave. After the 1st try I was within 1 mph and i'm good with that. 

I tapped into the wires at the ABS unit, after that I have no ABS trouble lights coming on! 

Edited by v8GTmac1
  • Like 1