free hit
counters
Wanted - Evora NA - Page 2 - Wanted - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Wanted - Evora NA

CharlieGee

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Cheers! I'm trying to learn from past mistakes. My Elise is black which isn't really what I wanted and, years ago, I had a silver Clio 182 when what I really coveted was racing blue or liquid yellow.

The Evora will be bought and kept and I don't want to spend 30 years cursing my own impatience. Oh yeah, I'd take racing/motorsport green too!

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, cweeden said:

If it's just the price you don't like, it's probably worth having a conversation with the seller. You never know unless you ask.

Absolutely. Bought mine with a cheeky telephone conversation. I was firm and fixed on what I was willing to pay at the time. Car was up at £28995 - I bid £24k on a simple sale I’ll come and get it now and the dosh will be in your bank in an hour.

sadly - many folks will overthink things and dilly dally. I’m fairly certain the Evora bargain days are probably over for now.

Only here once

Looks like good Sub 30k  Evora’s could be over. Stunning car with incredible low miles, shame it’s missing the sports pack probably the most essential pack, option sports exhaust is a great to have. Sure will be interesting to see how long it takes to sell.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I agree @scotty435 - they briefly dropped as low as £25k but do certainly now to be £30k again which is where they have sort of been around for the last 5 years.  Indeed, @Kimbers as he stated was quoted £1500 more for his car than I paid for it with half the mileage 4 years previously! And that is for a +0!!!

That is a truly remarkable performance and testament to what great cars they are.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

We're not. We're looking at general prices in the round which are around the £30k mark - you could argue the spread is £27.5k - £32.5k so a £5k or around 15% spread.

I would suggest that the lower end would be snapped up immediately right now, the higher end may take a tad longer.

Also, as an owner and ex owner of an NA, know how fantastic these cars are and what a bargain they are. So will always look to talk the price up. As opposed to a buyer who will want to talk them down. That's just obvious human nature.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

If that very low mileage Parkway car was an LE or had all 3 Packs, then I can see the value at £36K, but with no Sport or Premium, then I think it might struggle to sell. It may get bought by someone who doesn’t research the minutiae of Evora specifications. There are buyers like that out there: I was one but got lucky. It was only after I had bought my car that I read about the Packs. Also with the new Lotus Approved scheme, potential buyers will favour stock at Lotus dealers more than ever.

The assumption since the canyon red car went on at £31k yesterday has been that that is where the market is. Evidence for this, a px 'value' (chortle) and what someone has offered Kimbers is scant at best. A recent sale at £27.5k is far more compelling. The market 'spread' is of little relevance when cars at the bottom of it are just as desirable as those at the top.

• Gold FFM

So why didn't you buy it? 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

• Gold FFM

The thing is that there does appear to have been a bump in prices since the summer came into sight and presumably because people can actually get out and look at these cars and /or use them. Or rather, I think that there has been a period where people will only buy if it is a bargain - due to lockdown etc. This has now "corrected" itself.

Pertinent point though is that you consider the £30K cars too expensive, yet there have been a couple of cars that have been cheaper, yet you have not purchased those either. Is not perhaps the reason that you have not bought them the same reason that they were cheaper?

If however the reason you didn't buy was because they went before you could buy them, then surely that indicates that they were too cheap and hence got snapped up as a bargain.

They really do seem to be £30k give or take. That is approximately where the market has been since 2012, bar a couple of short lived stints where they dropped to £26/27K, usually over winter.

• Gold FFM
26 minutes ago, CharlieGee said:

The assumption since the canyon red car went on at £31k yesterday has been that that is where the market is. Evidence for this, a px 'value' (chortle) and what someone has offered Kimbers is scant at best. A recent sale at £27.5k is far more compelling. The market 'spread' is of little relevance when cars at the bottom of it are just as desirable as those at the top.

I think you may be missing the difference between an asking price and a sale price, we have no idea if there is any flexibility in the asking price. If price is the only concern, I reiterate, a conversation with the seller might be worth the 5 minutes it would take. 

1 hour ago, CharlieGee said:

Why are we ignoring the £27.5k 2010 na that Will Blackham sold last week in this analysis? +0 but a recent clutch.

Frankly, anyone selling an NA sub £30k is an idiot! Why would you do that when both Market research and supply demand says £30-35k is where the market is!!

On an aside, I deal with over 100 dealers in the UK and have just sent an email out asking them to call me with any Evora they get offered. As a Professional buyer, If someone's stupid enough to sell sub £30k I want a piece of that action.

As an example, Peugeot Boxer Long and High were £14000 for a 12 month example a year ago. Now they book at £18000 but I am selling them at £19500-20000. Its where the market is. A trader put some on at £18000 the other day and me and a dealer bought them all between us at £17500 and then I traded out of them at a £2k profit, never even collected them from the dealer! Even Professionals don't do their homework but I monitor trends as part of my job so notice these things. It annoys me when other people don't do their homework before selling something!

I'll reiterate it here. If you are stupid enough to sell an Evora Sub £30k give me a call. I'll buy it instantly and resell it for a big profit!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

39 minutes ago, Colin P said:

The thing is that there does appear to have been a bump in prices since the summer came into sight and presumably because people can actually get out and look at these cars and /or use them. Or rather, I think that there has been a period where people will only buy if it is a bargain - due to lockdown etc. This has now "corrected" itself.

Pertinent point though is that you consider the £30K cars too expensive, yet there have been a couple of cars that have been cheaper, yet you have not purchased those either. Is not perhaps the reason that you have not bought them the same reason that they were cheaper?

If however the reason you didn't buy was because they went before you could buy them, then surely that indicates that they were too cheap and hence got snapped up as a bargain.

They really do seem to be £30k give or take. That is approximately where the market has been since 2012, bar a couple of short lived stints where they dropped to £26/27K, usually over winter.

Well reasoned and that is, of course the hole in my argument. I need a +2. Are we really saying that those two seats in the back are worth £4k though? 

My point throughout has been that I don't really think the market is at £30k+ for an early NA and one or two cars straight after lockdown isn't evidence of such. I accept that the months to come may prove me wrong. If you feel inclined to look back (and I don't blame you if you can't be bothered) you'll see that I've said I would have spoken to the canyon red seller if the car had been in a spec I'm after as I know you've got to snap these up when they appear. 

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, CharlieGee said:

Well reasoned and that is, of course the hole in my argument. I need a +2. Are we really saying that those two seats in the back are worth £4k though? 

Historically the +0 have taken longer to sell. For a quick sale it is likely that you will need to price lower or get lucky with a waiting buyer (except cars like Kimber's, which is a bit special). But, if you are prepared to sit on it, you probably will get the same or similar money for it - but it may take a while.

So for a prompt sale (and dealers don't like to hang on to cars) yes £2-3K difference is quite normal. IIRC new it was about £3500 difference and most people paid it.

All taken in good spirit! I'll be with you lot and talking the prices up as soon as I've got my hands on one anyway.

I'll report back when it happens and you can all laugh at me for having to spend £32k...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Lol, I know of one [email protected] who was waxing lyrical about how he would never sell his red NA and then blew £80k on a brand new 410 sport - didn't even have any seats in the back. Bloody numpty. Complete knob.

@C8RKH I think I know him. Serious vegan, anti Brexit, shy kind of guy? 😂😂😛

• Love 1