free hit
counters
Wanted - Evora NA - Page 3 - Wanted - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Wanted - Evora NA

16 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I will reiterate - this idiot sold one below that - and still had folks sucking through their teeth uncertain. Oh well...

When you sold its where they were. Only a couple of months later and they have gone up hugely Barry. Not calling you stupid obviously.....ahem....

Look. In my defense I wasn't feeling well yesterday and was a bit grumpy! 

I don't think anyone selling an Evora Sub £30k is an idiot, it's their car! They could sell it for £2.50 a six tins of tesco value lager for all I care. I just think they need to look at the market at present.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol, I know of one [email protected] who was waxing lyrical about how he would never sell his red NA and then blew £80k on a brand new 410 sport - didn't even have any seats in the back. Bloody numpty. Complete

I’ve got 2011 NA Black 2x2 sport pack tech pack only done 46300 on the process of putting it on the market .

Don't worry, there are examples on here of individuals who have posted that they quite liked the look of (for example) a brand new racing green Evora 400, but had no intention of trading up from their

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

What makes me laugh more @Kimbers is the folks whom sit on fence providing a running commentary on why their arms are short and their pockets deep. Fine - wait forever - miss out. But ffs - stop moaning about it.

glad I owned one - I’m sure I’ll bag a 400 at some point. In fact - I’ll probably go for one of those GT ones - since when @C8RKH retires and his wife smashes him over the head with a frying pan - I’ll be buying it off her 😂

But for now - I’m down to 6 cars.....

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

But for now - I’m down to 6 cars.....

But how many are actually legal, running and on the road!  :)

Also don't forget mine is the 410 Sport, not the GT -mine has more carbon!  hahahaha.....

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Mine's available for £40k if anyone is interested :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
14 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Mine's available for £40k if anyone is interested :thumbsup:

Blimey, so the market's on a downward trajectory already.

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
33 minutes ago, Ledlights said:

I would never have guessed that I’d cause so much controversy by putting my car up for sale 😉

You'll miss her

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

But how many are actually legal, running and on the road!  :)

Also don't forget mine is the 410 Sport, not the GT -mine has more carbon!  hahahaha.....

5 chap 😇

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

2 hours ago, Ledlights said:

I would never have guessed that I’d cause so much controversy by putting my car up for sale 😉

Trouble maker.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@CharlieGee @Celica

I'm currently considering whether to sell my car so thought I'd drop it in here in case either of you are interested. It's a launch edition in Laser Blue with black leather interior. Has all three packs (being a launch edition) and is a 2+2. It currently has around 40k on the clock, but is used regularly. 

Inside it has an updated Pioneer head unit and the metal gear knob from the later cars. Outside it has a Larini exhaust and 15mm spacers on the rear wheels. 

The car drives beautifully, and sounds great. The paint work is excellent, there are a few stone chips etc as you'd expect from an 11 year old car, but the guys at Silverstone actually remarked on its condition when they saw it. The interior is also very good, again, only the expected wear from 11 years of use.

I've had the car for just less than 3 years and absolutely love it. The only reason for considering a sale is because I have a second child on the way. My eldest son absolutely loves the car so I would only consider selling it if the price was right.

The car isn't 100% perfect - the passenger door lock has failed, so the passenger door doesn't lock. Unfortunately the part is currently on back-order, and I am waiting on Silverstone Lotus to get hold of one. The right hand screen on the dash only seems to work intermittently, though the guys at Silverstone think it could be related to the door lock. The wheels could also do with a refurb, but I can get that sorted before sale if preferred.

My plan was to get the door lock sorted before considering selling it, but due to Covid the part is on back-order and the due date is approaching.

Right now I'm looking for around £28k.

(Photo was taken yesterday morning after a quick wash)

PXL_20210425_090824193.jpg

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Lovely colour that @Relic222. Really suits the Evora and looks stunning in the flesh. Really sharp, crisp and modern.

5 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Lovely colour that @Relic222. Really suits the Evora and looks stunning in the flesh. Really sharp, crisp and modern.

Agree... great colour, if I hadn't bought a black one in January I'd be contacting you....

Looks a great car, in today’s market with limited availability on older cars I personally would be asking a bit more for it.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
9 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Looks a great car, in today’s market with limited availability on older cars I personally would be asking a bit more for it.

I agree. That's a £30k car all day long.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys. It really is an amazing colour - everyone comments on it. 

As for the price, I was conscious of the door lock issue, hence the lower price, but I'm in no rush (and I'm very reluctant) to sell, so perhaps a higher price would probably be better to start with. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Relic222 said:

Thanks for the feedback guys. It really is an amazing colour - everyone comments on it. 

As for the price, I was conscious of the door lock issue, hence the lower price, but I'm in no rush (and I'm very reluctant) to sell, so perhaps a higher price would probably be better to start with. 

Shame it’s a passenger door lock, I have a driver’s door lock sat in my garage that you could have had.

0A481FCB-CC1D-4131-BE8B-5FCD85180235.jpeg

• Gold FFM

Have considered buying a cheapie family based car and keeping the Evora ? I know it depends on costs and with a baby on the way you need to be mindful ?

I think personally the door lock needs to be sorted shame backlog not being mechanic is the part made by Ford or Proton or someone ? 

@Cdm2018 Yes, I've considered it, but finances are certainly a factor too, so adding another car (no matter how cheap) will only increase costs. The reality is, we can afford to keep the Lotus, and my wife has a family hatchback, so we're fine as we are, but I do sometimes wonder if it's the right option. 

Considering my wife seems happy to keep it for now though, it seems sensible to do that. With the market as strong as it is, if we do need to change it over then hopefully that won't be an issue, and I'll hopefully have the door lock sorted by then too. 

By the sound of it the door lock is unique to Lotus, and even worse it was updated later in the Evora's life, so it's not a common part. 

@scotty435 that's a shame, I put a post up a while ago asking if anyone had one but unfortunately didn't get any leads. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Relic222 said:

@Cdm2018 Yes, I've considered it, but finances are certainly a factor too, so adding another car (no matter how cheap) will only increase costs. The reality is, we can afford to keep the Lotus, and my wife has a family hatchback, so we're fine as we are, but I do sometimes wonder if it's the right option. 

Considering my wife seems happy to keep it for now though, it seems sensible to do that. With the market as strong as it is, if we do need to change it over then hopefully that won't be an issue, and I'll hopefully have the door lock sorted by then too. 

By the sound of it the door lock is unique to Lotus, and even worse it was updated later in the Evora's life, so it's not a common part. 

@scotty435 that's a shame, I put a post up a while ago asking if anyone had one but unfortunately didn't get any leads. 

Yes it’s a shame, they are a pain to change if you are doing it yourself.

• Gold FFM
11 hours ago, C8RKH said:

She sounds like a keeper and I'm not talking about the car!

Hear hear ! I get the weekly drone in my ear from other half about trading the Evora for a camper van ☹️
thing is what’s wrong with a nice hotel or B&B at least you have a real toilet ? 

• Haha 1
  • Gold FFM
1 minute ago, Cdm2018 said:

Hear hear ! I get the weekly drone in my ear from other half about trading the Evora for a camper van ☹️

Theres no pleasing some. 
if you sold the Evora - you wouldn’t be happy - buy that camper - she would find something else to drone about - she’s not happy.

Moral - keep the Evora - there’s no point in both of you being unhappy 👍👍

• Haha 1

Only here once