free hit
counters
Wanted - Evora NA - Wanted - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Wanted - Evora NA

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol, I know of one [email protected] who was waxing lyrical about how he would never sell his red NA and then blew £80k on a brand new 410 sport - didn't even have any seats in the back. Bloody numpty. Complete

I’ve got 2011 NA Black 2x2 sport pack tech pack only done 46300 on the process of putting it on the market .

Don't worry, there are examples on here of individuals who have posted that they quite liked the look of (for example) a brand new racing green Evora 400, but had no intention of trading up from their

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
On 09/11/2020 at 22:58, CharlieGee said:

Cheers. I actually saw that one when it came up but - and I should have said above - I'm after a +2. Kid on the way and the 'two seat Lotus' brief is already fulfilled by an S2 111S.

Hi Charlie,

I have a +2 with 54500 miles on it, Carbon grey launch edition which I may be looking to sell.  Drop me a pm if you want any further details etc.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM
  • 2 months later...
On 09/11/2020 at 19:13, CharlieGee said:

Evening all, long time reader, first time poster etc. After about 8 years I'm finally ready to take the step from admirer to owner - looking for an NA, up to 60k and £27k. Who's selling?

Hi. Did you ever find one, still looking or have something else

i too am on the look out for one and be interested if you’ve seen any that you may have seen or pass on

thanks

• Gold FFM

If you find one - I’d suggest once you are satisfied with the car - then make your mind up quickly and get it bought.

Only here once

I haven't found one, no. I did speak to Barry but I'm being a little fussy on colour and need +2 which limits my options. As I'm sure you know, there's no market at all at the moment. I can't see that the older NAs really can command much above £28k, there doesn't then seem a big enough jump to the S and 400s to me... particularly as I expect to give £5k to 2bular when I do get one.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Oyster is a lovely trim with that red exterior. Personally as I said above I'd be writing the check if I did not already have my 410 Sport.

£31k seems a tad high -well, it's a sellers market and whilst you wait for one a "tad" lower someone will be having a hoon of a time in that.  Depreciation free motoring and it's a "tad high" - I give up. I truly do.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Ha! There's no accounting for taste etc. If it was in one of my preferred colours I may well have been on the phone already. I accept that this approach may see me waiting a little longer, I'll enjoy my Elise in the meantime.

You're right that it's a seller's market but I don't view that as likely to be 'depreciation free' at £31k - there's not enough of a gap to the S or 400 to my mind.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

years back i wanted a 348ts could of bought what i wanted for 26k but i wasnt quite ready and i sat and watched the prices climb to where they are now, did the same when looking for a v8 esprit and so am releived to of bought the evora na (ex barry's car) when i did for how much i did !!! happy hunting !!!

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
2 hours ago, CharlieGee said:

You're right that it's a seller's market but I don't view that as likely to be 'depreciation free' at £31k

Well, three years ago I sold my 2010 NA as a px and got £30.5k for it which was £0.5k less than I had paid for it 3 years earlier.  It had 25k miles on it and was not an LE with all the packs.  Looks to me that for the "best" cars the price is staying the same/going up. So I'd be confident myself, admit you may be different, of around £30k back for that in 3 years.

The S is not worth the extra in my humble opinion and the fact the price gaps are slightly tightening would suggest the market agrees with me.

400's will probably bottom out at around £40k and stay there for some time. But again, it's only supposition.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, CharlieGee said:

You're right that it's a seller's market but I don't view that as likely to be 'depreciation free' at £31k - there's not enough of a gap to the S or 400 to my mind.

You could wait forever. Only live once chap. What’s the worst you’ll take a bath for - £5k - there’s a whole lot of fun to be had.

Even at £25k I had people hesitant and price dubious 

• Like 1

Only here once

Personally with that mileage, spec, mods and history that car is worth £31k all day long, and will continue to be for the coming years. With so few Evoras around good ones are always going to get snapped up quick and command a premium. Market seems to price an S at £3k ish over an NA at the moment, can understand why more isn't always better (and higher running costs, fuel, tyres, tax etc) but having set out looking for an NA and ending up with an S I'm very happy with my choice and feel that premium is worth it. Nice, manual S's in a good colour combo are rare as hens teeth too. 

Thanks for the input and good points all. There's not much I disagree with but the gap from NA to S has been a consistent £6-7k in the four years I've been watching prices and I view this current narrowing as because of a dearth of NAs. Having said all of that, I would at least have had a look at this had it been in a colour combo I'm after. I'm not bothered about a few thousand one way or the other because I'll be keeping this car long term but that also means I want it in a colour I favour. Orange, white, yellow, grey or (ardent) red with black or red leather. 

35 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

I have Andy's 2010 NA and been offered £32500 for it which I turned down. Admittedly it has Sports Racer Interior, Tubular Manifold, Side boards and Front Splitter, new Aircon System, new P1's and me being fussy has had it resprayed front end! Plus a host of other upgrades but That price isn't changing and come 9 years time when they ban new Petrol and Diesel she will be the next S1 Esprit!

I wouldn't wait. The dealers have pumped £4000 on their early NA's recently. Silverstone had one at £28k put it up to £32k and it sold at that. They are so rare especially with nasty people like me holding on to theirs.

I regret not keeping my Esprit S4, Excel and Exige. Won't be making the same mistake with this one. When I get a 400 this is staying!

That's a great spec, I can see why you wouldn't entertainment offers, even at £32.5k. 

I've said it on the Pistonheads thread - it's been difficult to sell a car these last few months but it's been easier than ever to decide that you want something new. It's not just Evoras, anything even halfway 'enthusiast' has gone up. To put it another way, I've got an S2 111S that I paid £18k for two years ago and the cheapest (and only!) on autotrader at the moment is £21k. I don't think that all Elise owners have suddenly decided to hold onto their cars long term, I think it's because of successive lockdowns and that when life continues we'll be back to 4-5 cars on the market at any one time and prices will settle accordingly.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, CharlieGee said:

I think it's because of successive lockdowns and that when life continues we'll be back to 4-5 cars on the market at any one time and prices will settle accordingly.

I genuinely think you are incorrect here. Lotus announcing the phasing out of the Evora has whipped up a fury and folks are hunting out cars. Wish I’d kept mine - but it was 18 months of free motoring and I loved every minute. 

• Like 2

Only here once