free hit
counters
What grease for lubricating electric window runners? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

What grease for lubricating electric window runners?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To add, I find a bit of silicon spray in the rubber channels can help the glass move more easily.

Which do you mean where the rubbers touch the glass, or, where the nylon bush runs in the horizontal channel?

The former should have no grease, if they are sticky then it means the fibres of the coating have warn away and the rubber trim in the channel should be renewed. The latter can be anything really although I tend to use white lithium grease.

The nylon bush rollers are naturally amenable to running on the aluminum channel so I wonder on the wisdom of putting anything viscous into the mix. Keep the grease on the light side if you choose to go that way. Greases get thick and tacky when old enough.

• Gold FFM

To add, I find a bit of silicon spray in the rubber channels can help the glass move more easily.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

8 hours ago, drdoom said:

The nylon bush rollers are naturally amenable to running on the aluminum channel so I wonder on the wisdom of putting anything viscous into the mix. Keep the grease on the light side if you choose to go that way. Greases get thick and tacky when old enough.

That's interesting, were they completely unlubricated from the factory then? If so I'll just clean them up and leave them at that.

Escape, thanks for the tip :)

Cheers,

Dunc.

Edited by dunc_sx