free hit
counters
1981 Dry Sump Full Restoration - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

1981 Dry Sump Full Restoration

On 11/02/2021 at 02:03, Lex Templar said:

These look great @PaulM what is the difference between machining and diamond cut? Both obviously involve taking material off the surface on a lathe.

Any pics of the fronts?

Lex.

Machining is flat and doesn’t leave a pattern, diamond cut leaves ridges and creates a circular ‘pattern’.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wheels are done... took three months in total! Thanks to this forum I managed to get the black hat washers too! Not cheap but a great result! These were done by Voodoo wheels - great guys an

Hey Guys, Just an update on Dodgy Dave’s dry sump as I know a lot of you know the car. The car had not had much done to it for the last few years, so it’s condition had dropped off. The fuel

To br fair mine have been polished.

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, RichardJGC said:

At last....a company that knows what they are doing with CX500’s. I knew if I held out long enough the right people would appear. Wheels look stunning! 

Absolutely - I must’ve contacted twenty companies, most had stopped doing 3pc wheels, the few that did still offer it sounded like they didn’t understand what these wheels specifically needed. Voodoo hadn’t done these wheels before but clearly knew their stuff on 3pcs and were willing to listen to what I wanted/find ways around problems etc. Great guys, definitely a good find.

• Like 2

It was the diamond cutting i didn't like which most companies employed. Looked too much like a record close up, so its great that these people took the time to find a better way.

They will definitely be getting a visit in due course! 
Thank you for posting the results.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...