free hit
counters
S3 Turbo mirror switch - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

S3 Turbo mirror switch

Does anybody have a picture of what the mirror switch looks like when fitted to the door card. I am trying to determine what the fittings are that hold it to the door card.

Thanks, Paul.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It looks like it, but I've never taken the door card off (in 33 years) so I couldn't tell you for sure.

y4mofgIGdTVXxoFRGeFHdeG0C27MeFnjgakoSw_9

@top-plumber is your man for window switch information

• Like 1

My hex nut was lost during a respray - does anyone know the specs? source?

The Real Stig Lotus Turbo Esprit, Lotus Elise S1, Lotus Elite, Lancia Delta, Jaguar XF ....Previous cars: Subaru SVX, Porsche 924 Turbo, Lotus Eclat Excel, Lotus Elite, Matra Murena 2,2, Fiat X1/9 5sp

Directly below the fabric one will find a steel bracket in light sheeting to which the switch is retained via the nut. This should be apparent by pressing on the fabric immediately adjacent to the switch, whereupon the hard surface will be distinct from the padded effect of the larger area of the armrest. The attached pic, while not of the bracket itself, gives an idea of the approach taken for the S2 and I presume likely to have continued through the G series. The bracket is of the size of the hole cut in the door card GRP, 2 rivet holes also visible at one end.

Cheers  

IMG_3034.JPG

So it looks as though the only thing holding the switch to the door card is that big nut - which I believe is a 3/4" UNF (but don't quote me on that). My switch is different to all those I've seen and the lever at the top is a long thin metal one?

I once test drove an S2 JPS Esprit being sold by Mike Spence Garage just outside Reading. It must have been 1985/6. Not familiar with the car but I lifted the toggle (top part of 31 above) and it accidentally flew off. Couldn't find the damn thing to put it back and had to give my profuse apologies. As I recall it was less round and more hexagonal shaped.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2020 at 21:15, Bazza 907 said:

I think SW Lotus have some new old stock available for c£70 each if I remember correctly.

Sold out now :(

9 hours ago, giorgio67 said:

Paul, I have the used one originally mounted on my car, works but needs cleaning can send you if you can't find a new one.

G.

I have sent you a message Giorgio...

Yes, been obsolete for many years.

There appears to be 2 variants fitted to the Esprit. 

A082M6300F - from VIN 82 D 2137 | 82 - 0606

A079M6111F (Prior vin D2137) 

🙂

• Like 1

It's getting there......