free hit
counters
S3 Turbo bonnet fit... - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

S3 Turbo bonnet fit...

Has anybody seen an issue like this on an S3 Turbo... the bonnet profile at the front doesn't match the body very well. I don't know if the bonnet is original or not. It touches at the front corners with the body so it's okay at the sides but the middle sticks up...

100-1212.jpg

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is similar. The corners tend to hang down a bit while the centre is kind of bulging up a little (not as much as yours though Paul). I wonder if/how they distort over time since the front steel lip support is rather thick. I’m planning to prop up the edges slightly to get a flatter shape over time without exerting too much pressure on it. Thicker seals in the corners might do the trick. Getting cracking is a concern though so it’ll have to be done carefully and in stages. Alternatively, getting 5 bond girls to sit on it might fix it all in one go 😁

Ad initium