free hit
counters
Peoples reactions to your Exige - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Peoples reactions to your Exige

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not seen a thread along these lines here. Evora chat has one and I thought I’d add one here as I certainly get as many great reactions to my Exige as I did my Evora.    So to kick this off... o

You are too nice @EldonZ-- after they ask me.... "who makes Lotus",  I say Ferrari.    The other questions I used to get back in the day was...."how much does that car cost? and what do you do fo

My recent foray to Starbucks created some interest with a young woman wanting to test her photographic skills.    Not a bad effort from her ! And I still find the Lotus creates as much int

Posted Images

I was stopped at a light when the lady in the car in front me gets out and walks back to the Exige. I had the top off so it was easy to see her standing at the left front corner of the car. She looks at me and says "That is a really cute car!". I told her "Thanks". She then proceeds back to her car and the light turns green.

Most of the time when I'm driving, I will see phone cameras out the window getting pictures, etc.

The other one that I like is when the guy in the car next to you asks you what kind of car it is. I always say "That it is a Lotus." The next thing they ask is "Who makes it?". I always respond with "Lotus".

Later,
Eldon

• Like 1

I have only ever had the most positive responses. I get thumbs up and smiles all the time. Once had a whole minibus of school boys swarm around the car on a ferry crossing so I let them sit in it and they all took tons of pictures. On the one time I took it into Mayfair (we got invited for afternoon tea at a very posh hotel) we got properly “papped” by all the car spotters, which was hilarious!

Yes love the Triumphs now that they are doing retro like only they can, I had a green Speed Triple 1050 10 odd years ago.

Viper Green 3-11 430 belongs to a more mature Lotus owner & ex-Ducati club racer & he’s still got the bike! Something close to 40 years of ownership. Yellow 3-11 is lovely too, both seem to attract quite a bit of attention

• 5 weeks later...
On 24/11/2020 at 08:34, Jcx said:

So many positive reactions, thumbs-up, cameras-out, etc.  But perhaps the best for me is to see people turn around to see what is coming up behind them.  They can hear the 410 howl, even at low speed and they turn to look.  There is no age or sex stereotype: it will be young or old, male or female, it happens almost every time.  My daughter loves the "Lotus Face" as she calls it - worn by everyone who turns to look, aghast.  I expected this car to be epic to drive.  I had no idea it would be epic to own.

Yup, agree. Regular ‘dropped jaws’ as the Italian Flag Green 410 trundles, growls, or indeed howls by 😀

On 23/11/2020 at 21:58, KennyN said:

One thing that has been noticeable when driving the Lotus is that, so far, all reactions have been positive, which cannot be said for other marques.

I agree, universal enjoyment of the brand too.

• 3 months later...

Have had the Exige out a few times this last week. Had forgotten how much attention it demands, highlights have been a security guard at a petrol station asking if he can take photos, an old lady at the side of the road smiling and waving frantically and a teenager doing the “I’m not worthy” from the side of the road as I approached. 😂

Such enthusiasm from young and old ... not many brands create that level if goodwill. It adds a little to owning these lovely cars 😌

12866988-E4B0-4CDA-8552-796AB31CBA25.jpeg

Edited by EX16FUN
Wrong photo uploaded
  • Like 1

I've had a surprising interest from older women 😄

I think those that had interest in cars still have it and are pleased to see something special.

Unfortunately the younger ones barely notice with their head stuck in their phones. (I drove past three times to check 😅)

• Haha 2
  • Gold FFM
22 minutes ago, Rick101 said:

Unfortunately the younger ones barely notice with their head stuck in their phones.

As they pushed their pram with no idea that they had left their toddler a mile back in the park still playing on the swings!

23 minutes ago, Rick101 said:

I've had a surprising interest from older women 😄

I was "chased" by an older woman in a supermarket car park ( a GILF?). She was in her car and followed me all around the car park just to tell me when I got out of the car "sorry, I've followed you all around the car park as I just had to tell you what a beautiful car that is!".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I got more attention in my orange V6 than I do in my (darker) green 430. Colour is definitely a key factor. Only ever positive reactions though. None of the “two fingers” antics that Porsche owners need to put up with.