free hit
counters
Interior - Head and Cant Rail refurb - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Interior - Head and Cant Rail refurb

As everyone loves piccies, I thought I'd throw a couple up to the forum.

I started withoriginal cloth rails, which were rotten, and I thought it would be a relatively straightforward refurb ... what on earth was I thinking ..

Please pay particular attention to the "original" head rail - this is the side between the rail and the outer shell !!!! Don't worry - mouse had disappeard before this was started

After plenty of learing how to trim/glue/cut/shape etc. all the panels, I have completed 98% of the job, with 2 x sunvisors to be retrimmed in red/white in due course.

Although not perfect on some joins, I'm well happy with my first efforts at trimming but the best thing is that the car's interior looks far better. I'm not sure if the picture show the new material, bit it's a white faux leathervinyl with a foam scree backing for extra padding. Relatively easy and flexible to work with. Std spray contact glue and some small dabs of Copydex (yes, folks, it's still available) were used for sticking.

Cheers,

thebartman

Headrail with mouse house.jpg

Cant rail.jpg

Cant rail 2.jpg

Head Rail refurb.jpg

Head Rail Refurb 2.jpg

Cant Rail Refurb 1.jpg

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 3 weeks later...