free hit
counters
The Winterbottom Run - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

This is a placeholder for an idea that a few of us have come up with following the sad loss of Oliver. Originally discussed here on lotusexcel.net:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=11760&start=15

Hopefully we can add details as time goes on.

The proposal is to hold a run from around the country, the ultimate destination being somewhere Oliver related in Norfolk (maybe the famous pub from which he borrowed a gas mask in which to attend a board meeting at Lotus.) If you don’t know the story, as Oliver would say, “read my book!”

It’s been suggested that we have three rendezvous points - each a decent distance North, West and South of Norwich - from which could proceed in a disorderly manner to the destination.

We should incorporate optional overnight accommodation in order to properly remember Oliver in the spirit he would have wished.

Maybe the first run could be next year to attend his memorial service, If the family decide to hold one. 

Then we would hold the run annually to coincide with an appropriate date.

Would love to hear everyone’s ideas and I’ll be talking to his family about it.

Cheers, Richard

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a placeholder for an idea that a few of us have come up with following the sad loss of Oliver. Originally discussed here on lotusexcel.net: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=11760&start=15 Ho

I'd be up for that! Would be a great occasion to take my Excel back to UK. Filip

Great idea. I'm in.

• Gold FFM

I'd be up for that! Would be a great occasion to take my Excel back to UK.

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 1 month later...