free hit
counters
Changing Tech Forums to Q&A Forums - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Changing Tech Forums to Q&A Forums

There's an option to change the tech forums to Q&A formatted forums, I've experimented with the Evora ones for now and you can see an example of a Q&A topic here...

An answer from anywhere in the thread can be voted up or down or marked as the correct answer. In that topic, my post has been ticked as correct so is now the first reply and 122's (sorry!) earlier post has been marked down as an answer as it was incorrect so now goes to the bottom of the thread. 

If this is better for everyone, I can change all the tech forums to this format. It is reversible! 

Thoughts please?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fair point, that does make it pretty useless! Shame that the Q&A functionality can't be used in normal topics - there is an option to mark a topic as 'solved' by either a mod or the OP indicating

I really like this so have enabled it on all tech forums 👍

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

If each response was independent, then ranking them based on number of votes makes sense. However that ranking would remove any sequential discussion type responses where a post is in response to a previous post. It would get somewhat confusing quite quickly. Can the order of responses be chronological but still show the number of votes? Is there a user option to rank either chronologically or by votes?

There's an option to change the topics to 'by date' rather than by answer but I don't think there's an option to make that the default...

Opera Snapshot_2020-11-27_112614_www.thelotusforums.com.png

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thought something was wrong with my pc this morning, downloaded some updates to the browser - tried a different browser   ... the new format eg https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/forum/196-engine-ancilliariesgearbox/ you cannot see the last user to update a topic or when . also the topis are more spaced out. Cant see this as an improvement.

• 1 month later...
On 27/11/2020 at 12:38, Bibs said:

there is an option to mark a topic as 'solved' by either a mod or the OP indicating the correct and best answer, I'll give that a whirl! 

I really like this so have enabled it on all tech forums 👍

• Like 1

Evora NA