free hit
counters
S1 Evora - reverse lockout collar - how does it work? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

S1 Evora - reverse lockout collar - how does it work?

Hi all, I have a 2010 NA Evora. Just bought a GRP GG shifter knob - noticed the OEM one in my car doesn’t have a grub screw and it just unscrews off. It does have the spring inside the centre.

What I’m wondering is what role that spring plays in pushing the reverse collar back down? When I install the GG knob, the collar stays up so reverse can always be selected, while first is difficult to get. Of course, it’s easy to just push it back down again. But I also noticed when there’s no knob at all it still doesn’t spring back down.

Is this normal? Does the little spring in the OEM knob somehow cause the spring action back down?

PS. Take it easy on me, I’ve got no chance of being trusted to pull the entire interior of my car out!

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this help?

47_05.gif

Looks like the spring is required for any knob installation to me.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Yes. The spring is there to push the collar back down. 34/34a clips into 35. 35 is pushed down by 29 but without 14 or 44 29 has nothing to push against. 

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

Thanks both! Does help. I realised my description was wanting for an important detail, which is that I did put the spring inside the new knob but it didn’t have the intended effect. But I’ll have to have a bit of a look again later and see if it just needs a bit of a stronger spring for the new knob