free hit
counters
Met Darrenwalesuk Today - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Met Darrenwalesuk Today

met up with darren today, as many of you know he sold his last esprit when he lost his eye in an accident, however after getting used to the way things are now he has bought another esprit and has re-joined the flock!!

i went to meet up with him today shame the satnav decided t mess us about but we met up in the end and had a good chat. it was really nice to meet him and he will be at the factory with us, so im sure we will all take the time out to say hi. good to meet you today darren see you soon.

heres pics of the cars.

DSCN5527.jpg

DSCN5530.jpg

also, can any of the stevens guys with parts manuals help him, he needs a replacement part for his drivers side mirror i have put a picture here to show the damaged piece, if anyone knows the part number can you please leave a post here on the item, part number and price please?

thanks guys, heres the damaged mirror.

DSCN5531.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember this Si - terrible tragedy.

I won't be going to the factory, so won't be able to ask myself - but I recall a number of suggestions made to keep him on the road in an Esprit - technical gadgets and the like. Did any of these help?

Great looking car by the way - and yours too!

Iain

Hey Darren

Good to hear that you're well. Still not sure about those wheels, though. Very bling.

That bit of the door mirror doesn't have its own Lotus part number - I know, cos I've been looking for some meself.

Here's the diagram:

post-1469-1186262774.gif

And the parts list:

post-1469-1186262860.gif

The TVR Griffith has the same mirrors (clicky), but I can't see those collars. It looks like they may be part of the frame - but as the frames are

Hey Darren, good to see you back and look forward to meeting you at the factory do!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Hi Simon ,

It was great to meet you in person , I really enjoyed even the dead end road our sat navs took us (Wish i had power steering :-) ) We will have to do it again sometime maybe have our own mini meet !!. Thats one thing i do remember about this site is how helpful and what a great bunch of guys you are, look forward to meeting you all .

I wish i did hang on to my old esprit last year after the accident but my head was in the shed for a few months and i thought them days were over but its quick how your body re-adjusts and now things seem normal i'd even to say i dont know any different so i got another esprit and glad to be back !:-).

I'll be on the case 2moro re the mirror , Keep you informed if i get one.

THANKS DARREN

GREAT PICS Si , Wish i parked straight tho in the parking bay !!! (Well i do have a excuse :-) doh

Goto scrap yard and look for Citroens, the mirrors are off them too....or XJ220's

Take a 3mm allen key and a pair of cutters - lift the broken part undo the grub screw, cut the cable, jobs a goodun.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• Gold FFM
Goto scrap yard and look for Citroens, the mirrors are off them too....or XJ220's

Take a 3mm allen key and a pair of cutters - lift the broken part undo the grub screw, cut the cable, jobs a goodun.

And TVR - Can't remember which model though.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!