free hit
counters
Seatbelt Removal / Repair? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I recently discovered that the passenger side seat belt is frayed halfway through at the base by the door (probably from cutting into the vinyl trim).  I would like to remove it to have it repaired / replaced.  However it looks like I would have to remove carpeting to get to whatever is anchoring the belt.  Any tips for how to remove this would be much appreciated. 

Thanks!

seatbelt.JPG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Remove seat. (Use penetrant on bolts underneath first!)

2. peel carpet from sill (it is glued on). You might need to pull the door seal off.

3. unbolt seat belt (I believe you can access the bolt from an access hole in the sill)

4. replace everything in reverse order.  😄

Make sure you use an AUTOMOTIVE spray adhesive to reattach the carpet(these are resistant to heat).  3M makes good stuff.

See if  https://exoticsalvage.com/lotus/   has any seatbelts. (S Auto Parts on eBay)

They are in Portland OR.

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

Thanks Atwell!  I was hoping there would be an easier way rather than removing the seat and carpet, but alas that seems like what has to be done.  Thanks also for the link to Exotic Salvage, I'll pass that along to our NW Lotus club. 

Cheers and Happy Holidays!!!  

Great, Alan, I'm sure that MANY Evergreen Lotus club owners are aware of S Auto Parts already.

PS:  Removing the seat is a doddle, once you remove any rust from the threads sticking out under the floor pan.

Here's an incentive:

One time when I removed my passenger seat, I found a credit card in the sill! 😃 It's owner had cancelled it though, darn it. 😆

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA