free hit
counters
Also bought another car - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Also bought another car

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as far away from a Lotus as you can get....    

That's not scary.  I dream of 18mpg. TD5's are built proof, my late Dad put one in his Range Rover Classic and got 350,000 miles out of it.

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
9 minutes ago, Beady said:

as far away from a Lotus as you can get....

.... yep, Lotus far more reliable :rofl:

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

16 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Super kewl!  Like that a LOT.  Is there a V8 under there?

sadly  just a dirty TD5....I did consider a V8 but the fuel consumption is pretty scarey

Edited by Beady
typo

construction and property consultants : My company

5 minutes ago, Beady said:

I did consider a V8 but the fuel consumption is pretty scarey

That's not scary.  I dream of 18mpg.

TD5's are built proof, my late Dad put one in his Range Rover Classic and got 350,000 miles out of it.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

TD5's are built proof,

My neighbour has an early TD5 and has some problems with the fuel system, pump,pipes and injectors. Has caused a number of failures when out and about.

He cut a hole in the rear bed to get at the fuel pump to save loads of work. Mind you his has not done many miles since 2006, and I would have thought it might need a proper service by now. 

My Dad's TD5 was serviced on the dot and through a main dealer.  His Range Rover did 500,000 miles in 12 years.  The original Turbo D engine gave up the ghost at 150,000, that wasn't supposed to be a good engine.

• Gold FFM

Get a tracker fitted. The most targeted vehicle for theft. Exported in double quick time by pro-outfits.

Justin

There’s also something about bonnets being removed by thieves due to the external hinges. You can get improved after market hinges. Great cars. My brother has the LWB 4 door version of yours.

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight

Yep got a 110, the Lotus wasn't unreliable enough so got one of them and an Alfa!

As others have said get a tracker, also fit a disklock, and any other security such as fuel shut off, battery disconect. Security hinges etc...

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"