free hit
counters
Motorsport ABS/ESP from Komotec for Exige V6 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Motorsport ABS/ESP from Komotec for Exige V6

https://www.komo-tec.com/en/lotus-exige/mk3-toyota-v6350380/brakes/723/kobra-race-abs-for-exige-v6?c=505

ABS :

Braking deceleration potential is limited exclusively by the tire: no limitation of the vehicle deceleration by the ABS (unlike the series ABS limited by program-based controls). Typical racing deceleration values of 2 g and more when using slicks and a correspondingly high downforce are achievable.

Trail braking: braking deeply into bends is particularly supported by the modern control system. The vehicle remains steerable and the typical understeer of the standard brake is eliminated.

Exact steering also under ABS: By using the ESP sensors (steering angle, lateral acceleration and yaw rate) in the modeling of the ABS controller, the optimal ratio between the maximum possible braking and lateral force is always maintained.

No hard pedal (“ice mode”) or underbrake e.g. after jumps: The modern adaptive ABS control approach even allows braking over jumps (e.g. Pflanzgarten). This is possible because the ABS controller continuously models the maximum possible longitudinal force on the wheel and adjusts it immediately. It is not dependent on simple program-controlled situation recognition.

ESP stability :

Intervention only in the event of oversteer and only through specific wheel-selective brake pressure build-up. Undesired overcompensating braking / interventions in case of understeering are history.

No engine torque reduction: No drop in engine torque with a greatly delayed re-establishment of momentum. Powerslide out of curves becomes possible. The driver controls the engine torque by solely using the accelerator pedal.

The new freedom of the Race-Mode does not inhibit, but rather supports the driver gently but effectively in preventing the car from going into a “spin”. In contrast to the standard series, significantly higher drift angles are possible and these are also corrected more gently (note: the driver also plays a role here). Driving in ESP-OFF mode is therefore no longer necessary to achieve top lap times; however it is still possible as the ESP can be switched off completely.

ESP differential :

We have deliberately not built this into the software. A mechanical lock is recommended. The rear axle brake is significantly relieved, so there is no longer any risk of overheating on the racetrack.

TC :

This is also deliberately not built into the software. No collapse in engine torque with delayed rebuilding of propulsion. The vehicle is less restricted and responds better to acceleration. The driver always has full access to the drive torque.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes I think it's a very interesting improvement. 

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely the way to go if you are a "track addict" and running very sticky tires.

Once I went to slicks on my CupR, Bosch Motorsport ABS was the ticket for me...great improvement over the stock Bosch setup.

Of course, once I went down that rabbit hole, I needed to ditch the vacuum booster and go with a brake-cage/pedal-box and brake bias adjuster.  

Brake-cage2.thumb.jpeg.4c986390f16840fc4ceb7dbd1ced33d3.jpeg

abs controller.JPG

ABS adjustor.JPG

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Hello Jack

After installing the bosch abs what benefit did you find by removing the brake booster and fitting that BOE parts?

Do you think you are faster without brake booster or just prefer the feeling?

Of course I understand clearly the benefit of the bias adjuster in case you want to fine tune that...

My Friend racing in the Lotus cup Italy that also own a cup R thinks without brake booster there is better modulation and while of course I m sure it s technically true

I am used to drive aggressively on track fast cars but still with brake booster and in some way I like that easy pedal...

Apart from that as already suggested I also find a real problem in track driving with the cup R and the standard abs system that sometimes quit braking and go into ice mode...

You can get used to that and then adjust your driving but then you don t get the car at it s full potential...

With the exige 380 cup the problem is less pronounced but I don t know if they made a slight software improvement as standard or if it s just because the cup r is faster and stiffer...

Looking at the Komotec option it seem to be a good alternative to the Bosch motorsport ABS if you aren t looking for that last racing fine tuning but for something probably much better than std

and Lotus specific ready to fit a a little cheaper.

By looking at the specifications do you see any real downsides compared to the Bosch motorsport system?

Edited by Maxi_z

17 hours ago, Maxi_z said:

Hello Jack

After installing the bosch abs what benefit did you find by removing the brake booster and fitting that BOE parts?

Do you think you are faster without brake booster or just prefer the feeling?

Maxi-- brake cage/pedal box gives you much more resolution (some might use the words better modulation) when using the brakes--with the booster, you basically have more of an ON/OFF switch. Yes, you would be faster (lap times) without the booster and better able to use the brakes to improve handling in certain situations, IMHO.

18 hours ago, Maxi_z said:

Looking at the Komotec option it seem to be a good alternative to the Bosch motorsport ABS if you aren t looking for that last racing fine tuning but for something probably much better than std

and Lotus specific ready to fit a a little cheaper.

By looking at the specifications do you see any real downsides compared to the Bosch motorsport system?

It looks like the Komo-tec  product is very good and probably  more cost effective than going the Bosch motorsport ABS route, especially for the occasional tracker with a street car and manual trans with DPM .   Back when I got mine almost 3 years ago, new Bosch MS ABS cost 10,000 US$ for hardware plus installation cost.  I think there is a lower cost Bosch model ---ClubSport ABS??

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion