free hit
counters
Selling 3rd Cat - where/how? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Selling 3rd Cat - where/how?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
17 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Is it actually a catalyser? I was under the impression that it is actually a resonator. 

According to this from Deroure it is the "main catalytic converter.

image.png.f084d04d389b28909e889ef599622145.png

3 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

My third cats defo been removed by the PO - I’d love a set of decent manifolds.

Has to be 2bular. Had them on my NA and they make a tremendous difference Barry. Just wonderful.  Thinking about getting them for my 410, but then also looking at the 460/475 KomoTec kit if I decide to keep her. Warranty is up in April so what the hell.... :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
9 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302948921307

@C8RKH - any idea if this seller is known??

No idea Barry I'm afraid. It's a lot of dosh so I would want to know I was buying a properly sorted bit of kit.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

17 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Yes - I wasn’t sure if this seller was known to anyone.

Well they can't be 2bular - they are available for immediate dispatch. :popo:

Wouldn't they be different on the 4XX series cars due to the larger diameter pipes?

@C8RKH If you buy a set and check them out and let me know how you get on that would be lovely. Mind you I need to actually use mine, it's not moved in 6 weeks. Need to get this house finished.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, Colin P said:

@C8RKH If you buy a set and check them out and let me know how you get on that would be lovely. Mind you I need to actually use mine, it's not moved in 6 weeks. Need to get this house finished.

Turn the bath taps on, put the plugs in, go out for a nice long dinner. Then the insurance company can finish the interior for you!  :sofa::rofl:

You think I want to deal with insurers :hrhr: :P

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Sorry a bit late to the thread but thought I post in case anyone else come across this in the future.

There are many companies that will recycle your old catalytic components and give you money for them.  They are made from rare and expensive materials which can be salvaged so there is still value in them. 

When I changed my headers for Larini ones I got quotes of £70 to £120 for my old headers.  Not going to change your life but will pay for a fancy meal out for not very much effort.

Edited by electro_boy
  • Like 1