free hit
counters
Lotus Type 131 - The Rumour Mill - Page 17 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Type 131 - The Rumour Mill

Bibs

Note to self : “must not test-drive”......did this with the Exige in ‘17 and thought of nothing else until I bought mine! I feel it all starting to happen again......she’d need to tick a lot of boxes though!🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

😃 It's a great feeling but wow It's going to have to be special to make you swap your Exige?! or you adding? 😛

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

certainly wouldn’t be adding unless I robbed a bank!

Pah - you know you want one

• Haha 1

Only here once

10 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

I certainly wouldn’t be adding unless I robbed a bank! I’ve just bought an S1 Elise with my better half (pic below), as a hopeful future investment. Went for a rare coloured (Deep Purple) original S1 spec variant and now looking forward to getting it looking it’s best with some time and effort.
So it would have to be the Exige that would be sacrificed, which the very thought of, makes me feel sick - but never say never😉 

Will more likely wait and see what Emira looks like when pictures are released, and then see how long I can resist the potentially very dangerously expensive, test drive😂

81A70E1E-E917-4125-ADE4-793EDD2AE216.jpeg

Wow that Is beautiful 🤩 and that colour looks so nice.

It sure is going to be a difficult one but lets face It either way you are winning haha. Roll on July for some better pictures / info. 

• Like 1

I think lockdown must have fried my brain.  I just saw a house for sale locally with garaging for 4 cars and a barn to convert and am now pondering if my man maths can justify moving and buying a few more Lotus cars.  Stephen's stunning S1 and a lovely 340R I've just been sent info on really don't help!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Greg | ValetPro said:

Does the propostion look a bit small to be the Evija?

Bahrain-stills-from-fly-through-video_5.jpg.3c6879f56dab8cb3ffc667274ca3a51b.jpg

Could this be the new 131?

Bahrain-stills-from-fly-through-video_5.jpg.webp 39.93 kB · 1 download

If you compare it against the Evija and covered (probably) T131 it looks more like the T131, but looks too shortened.  The roof line sweeping back to the rear wing is different between Evija and Emira - Evija is more tapered and Emira is square.  I don't think the Emira will have the venturi tunnel feature like the Evija, as it would take too much space out of the engine bay, but may have something that looks similar.  The Bahrain pic may just be a shortened Evija.

91C95C5A-D662-4ADB-9AF1-A47C74637B98.jpeg.57bc9180554ecdc2b08939b996276def.jpeg

• Like 2

Are those not the same car but with camera compression going on?  Notwithstanding what is under that green cover, here is a picture I took of the Evija at Lotus Silverstone.  The image of the one outside the building above looks a little stretched in comparison.  But I am not David Bailey!

F5FA857F-D1C6-4829-8D2D-80D74D1CAB7A.jpeg

Forgot to mention that I have put my name on the list for Emira.  Looking forward to FOS.

Edited by Pugwash
Add photo
  • Like 2

Look what Lotus PR is leaking in their latest piece on the new Lotus retail strategy: a rendering of a baby evija with much shorter rear overhang...

Bahrain-stills-from-fly-through-video_5.

I hope your comment is in jest. It’s obviously a poorly rendered Evija.

Be interesting to see how many dealers will have £2m Evijas in their showrooms. Maybe that’s the only way they’ll get them out of Hethel. Otherwise they might end up filling the factory car-parks like my Evora GTE.

I do think the rendering is just a place holder for something looking a bit more representative of the products soon to be found in these revamped showrooms. But this thing really looks like a toy car.

Apologies if this done and disposed of previously,  but just read these two pieces. Any connection?  Words that stand out for me"powertrain option" [as opposed to engine+power train?],  "cutting edge tech",  "works like it came straight out of the Hethel factory".

TLF Daily News 28 April ‘21:

“Emira …..the last time Lotus will launch an ICE car – with an exciting new powertrain partnership. The additional powertrain option will be new to Lotus, highly efficient, use cutting edge technology and be tuned to help deliver that distinctive Lotus experience.”

And from TLF front page:  21 April ’21

“ JUBU Performance launch DCT gearbox for all current Lotus models …. Every car with our DCT looks and works like it came straight out of the Hethel factory. …..  It was initially designed for up 650Nm of torque by VAG and we even use it in a slightly modified version for our JP ZERO race cars which come with up to 750hp and 800Nm. Mechanically, it’s kind of bullet proof…… [gear ratios fit perfectly], works great on track as well as for road driving and feels like it comes as a Lotus OEM-option.“

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

No I don’t think so. The upper paragraph is referring to the Emira 4 pot turbo which will only come with DCT, probably from AMG. The lower paragraph is an aftermarket DCT gearbox for existing Lotus cars. Two different things.

Indeed, as the separate reports, but I was wondering if the JUBU box might equally serve on the Emira (6 cyl) as an option - if it fits the Evora.........?

Edited by mdavies

58 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

so - what’s the black car then ??

Possibly will have the number 11 attached to it whe it’s launched 😂 

54 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

o - what’s the black car then ??

Assumed is a partly built Evija, can't see a normal engine?

Just get one bought...

P

ut your money down...

Stop speculating... 

It's just going to look ace....

Not as track focused, but maybe a better alround car....

The V6 can be tuned afterwards in Mendig.... :)

• Like 1

it will most likely look like a mini evija....that side profile under green wraps looks promising.....hopefully the back end looks good though because that picture someone posted on page 1 of the white baby evija looked shocking from rear.

Edited by Sotirios

On 07/05/2021 at 23:49, NedaSay said:

Look what Lotus PR is leaking in their latest piece on the new Lotus retail strategy: a rendering of a baby evija with much shorter rear overhang...

Bahrain-stills-from-fly-through-video_5.

if it looks like this...i really am going to need one!

• Like 1