free hit
counters
Lotus Type 131 - The Rumour Mill - Page 9 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Type 131 - The Rumour Mill

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So my notes :-

AI will analyse me as I drive

'Buying a sports car is not a rational decision'

They will collect data on me constantly so they can direct market to me more

New Cars will be sold in a Mall or online so all the existing dealers are sc***ed

They have been inspired by banks........

At least we got the name right.

We got to see new images behind the scene and personally confirmed a few tidbits... the customer experience center build is on ice... as well as LDA new watchtower.

This presentation had a very corporate feel about it and was very Lotus Engineering heavy. Lotus is rumoured as going thru a new round of financing: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-13/geely-s-sports-car-icon-lotus-said-to-weigh-raising-1-billion

• Like 2

Video of announcement   Here

Edited by DJW
  • Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

There was a view of the front end and you also saw a skeleton outline of it on the production line which included the rear venturi. I think I recall Russell Carr mentioning how the rear lights of the venturi also being included.

4 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

See usual good journo work..

► New 20221 Lotus to be called Emira
► Exclusive details of V6 and inline engines 
► Priced close to the £45k Porsche Cayman

looks like a long wait till 20221 !

V6 EXCLUSIVE DETAILS: It will have a V6 as an option.

I am not a fan of car models that have super large range of price points relative to their base price. I have a hard time believing the bottom of the line Emira will be half the cost of the top of the line. If that's the case they should be two different cars, look a bit different and should not under the same model name.

• Gold FFM
5 minutes ago, Likuid said:

I have a hard time believing the bottom of the line Emira will be half the cost of the top of the line. If that's the case they should be two different cars, look a bit different and should not under the same model name.

Porsche have been doing it for years with the 911 - as soon as you add option on such as say seats - up goes the list price 

8 minutes ago, NedaSay said:

lotus_render.jpg?itok=la-JGHhn

Since Lotus won't give us anything until july 6th, Autocar decided to pump out another rendering ... Looks cute with the wing

That poor kid at school - he’s gonna fail his art exams if he uses that

Only here once

Emira is set to compete truly first with Cayman/Boxster as JMG wanted but in unleashed top spec form would be able to hunt GT3s while Cayman has to play nice with its 911 siblings and his limited to some 400 bhp+ Emira will be able to get past 450bhp... updated Toyota engine probably means 2GR-FKS (same layout as 2GR-FE)

• Like 1

Might just be the angle, but that rendering does not look anything like the profile view that we just saw.

Cab was more forward and the line from the cab to the rear was gentler and longer.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Can’t be bothered to watch in details with the sound. Did they really say no more Toyota engine?

21 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Porsche have been doing it for years with the 911 - as soon as you add option on such as say seats - up goes the list price 

That poor kid at school - he’s gonna fail his art exams if he uses that

I know Porsche does it, so do many others. Not sure if Lotus ever has and maybe it will be better for them, I just don't personally like it.

21 minutes ago, NedaSay said:

Emira is set to compete truly first with Cayman/Boxster as JMG wanted but in unleashed top spec form would be able to hunt GT3s while Cayman has to play nice with its 911 siblings and his limited to some 400 bhp+ Emira will be able to get past 450bhp... updated Toyota engine probably means 2GR-FKS (same layout as 2GR-FE)

Didn't they say in the video that the engine(s) would be from a new partner? Plus an article just came out a few days ago saying the V6 will not be a Toyota. This is very confusing, I don't understand why they just can't announce some information.

3 minutes ago, PAR said:

Can’t be bothered to watch in details with the sound. Did they really say no more Toyota engine?

No he didn’t. He specifically mentioned a new supplier, but we assume that’s for the 4 pot turbo motor, eg AMG. I reckon the Toyota V6 will be available from launch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NedaSay said:

They said the high output 4cyl would come from a new partner not the V6.

I'll have to take your word for it, I can't get back to that part of the video without watching the whole part before that.

Agree not much of a pitch for investors - need financials.

So perhaps "For the Drivers".  And perhaps to explain the meaning of that phrase - in the final slide:

- Driver  of Change

- Driver of Technology

- Driver of something of similar ilk that I've forgotten already.

Did I miss mention of "For the Drivers of the Cars"?    Hmmm.........    

Edited by mdavies

I thought they kept saying that they already had new partnerships in place. I didn't hear them say that they were looking for investors.

Even Mr. Qingfeng says that Geely is providing a lot of money at the start.

If that was to attract investors, maybe I are just crap at reading between the lines.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Agreed. Looked like a DVD marketing brochure.  Almost begging twice for partnerships on the new electric platform like they are with Alpine was disappointing and throughout the whole thing the tone wasn't showing any strength at all.  Such a shame and frankly if they didn't have the Emira they'd be selling even fewer cars than last year.  I suspect the sweetest decisions for current owners is to keep what they have or move to the latest non-131 models as they'll all treat us well forever.  Maybe the Evora FE will be the sweetest swan song, who knows.

Or maybe everything will be great and electric sports cars with GTR weight will be fine.

And the Emira will be the last car built in the UK according to Pistonheads.  That stings.

Edited by SpeedMatters