free hit
counters
Windows - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Finally! Just went out to try again, and I managed to press the button in small jerks again, and it's all the way up,completely left it alone now! I'll see what happens when I get in it tomorrow. 

20201220_180733.jpg

3 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Mine had 13k on the clock when I got it a year or so ago. Over 20k now - they are for driving.

Bet there very enjoyable miles too! I wonder if its still playing up after it was parked up over the various lock downs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes it does. The window motor is weak point.

https://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?TBL=12624&MAK=1&MDL=20&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

Right, sorted for now. For some reason, I went out to check the car, and the window had gone all the way up by its self.. Car seems possessed, So I took the fuse out! That'll stop it going down until

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

I’d not be risking lowering it again 😀

Will definitely leave it as it is now! I got in through the passenger side to do this. Hope its OK to use the drivers door with the lowering function. 

I'll give Paul matty a ring who's local to me tomorrow, get it booked in after Christmas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Just get them to send you the part and swap it over. Nice simple job that.

Is that to change the regulator? The garage who I bought it off are paying for the part too. Will start researching how to remove the door card. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamesbilluk said:

Is that to change the regulator? The garage who I bought it off are paying for the part too. Will start researching how to remove the door card. 

May be the garage you got it from would agree to Paul Matty doing the work. After all PM would have experience of working on an evora. - and the labour cost is quite low.   B&C have agreed to pay for a little job on my car to be done locally when the part becomes available from lotus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

May be the garage you got it from would agree to Paul Matty doing the work. After all PM would have experience of working on an evora. - and the labour cost is quite low.   B&C have agreed to pay for a little job on my car to be done locally when the part becomes available from lotus.

They did say originally say that the car had to go back to them for warranty work, but as I'm an hour and 40 minutes away, they said that wouldn't really work, so said they're  happy to pay for another garage to do the work, which is good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its back down again... Throughout the day, with various drives, the window drops slightly, but then doesn't go back up again. It's also started to tell me that the door is open, when it's not. Car s booked into Williams now, but not until January. Its just under cover now. Im going to see if my local guy can bodge it, just to keep the window up over Christmas. Apart from this, it's great fun to drive.. If it wasn't so wet outside, it wouldn't be too bad.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, sorted for now. For some reason, I went out to check the car, and the window had gone all the way up by its self.. Car seems possessed, So I took the fuse out! That'll stop it going down until its booked in, and means I can drive it! 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding door open when it's not - Is the door latch post loose? Mine worked loose last year on the passenger side without me realising it. It was spotted and tightened up at service by Central Lotus.

Windows fuse removal - Hope you don't have to do hand signals. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mg4lotus said:

Regarding door open when it's not - Is the door latch post loose? Mine worked loose last year on the passenger side without me realising it. It was spotted and tightened up at service by Central Lotus.

Windows fuse removal - Hope you don't have to do hand signals. ;)

I shall have a look  :)

 

That's true! Will Have to stay away from toll booths or car park barriers too... Don't think the car will be used much during Christmas. At least it should stay dry now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Reindeer said:

I may have missed this.....but have you tried putting a new battery in?

Failing batteries often cause a lot of strange electrical issues......

Good luck with it all

 

That's the one thing I've not tried yet, may well give it a go! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A new issue.. Because the door has decided its open, when it's not, the dashboard ambient lighting has been on all night, and the foot well light. I may well remove the inywrope light fuse as well! Until I can get it booked in. Are the ambient lights on the same system as them? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You will have to be careful not to let the battery go totally flat as it may be a problem opening the boot - there are threads on here about getting into the car in such cases - there should be a cable boot release behind the drivers seat around the area of the rear seat. Should be in your owners manual.

I suppose you will have some difficulty removing the battery to charge it up - as the boot would have to stay open while this was done and the car lives outside.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

You will have to be careful not to let the battery go totally flat as it may be a problem opening the boot - there are threads on here about getting into the car in such cases - there should be a cable boot release behind the drivers seat around the area of the rear seat. Should be in your owners manual.

I suppose you will have some difficulty removing the battery to charge it up - as the boot would have to stay open while this was done and the car lives outside.

Ah yes, I've heard the joy of trying to get in the boot via the cable. 

The garage who I bought it off said it had gone flat when it wasn't being used during lock down, and had to use that method. 

Hopefully it will have enough charge to get it going each day. Will see if Williams can replace if it is on the way out. 

Interior light fuses are now out, so there shouldnt be a drain, with the car thinking the doors are open. 

Don't think I've ever been on a forum as much, in my car buying years!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gold FFM
4 hours ago, jamesbilluk said:

The garage who I bought it off said it had gone flat when it wasn't being used during lock down, and had to use that method. 

 

That is a pretty good way of killing the battery. Evoras don't like batteries that have gone completely flat. Killed my 400s battery that way when we moved house earlier in the year and it was sat outside whilst the garage was full of all our stuff. I charged it up fully and it would start the car fine etc but a few weird things happened until the battery was replaced.

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon a quality new battery will resolve a lot of these niggles. Meanwhile, a handheld litho booster is always a handy thing to have, you don't have to disconnect or remove the battery to get started. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RHDV8 said:

Look on the positive side, at least when your current problems are fixed you’ll know the car a whole lot better.🙂

Very true :) I had a good drive in it today, my window worries went away, amazing thing to drive, witchcraft how they get the ride as good as they have as well! 

2 hours ago, Colin P said:

That is a pretty good way of killing the battery. Evoras don't like batteries that have gone completely flat. Killed my 400s battery that way when we moved house earlier in the year and it was sat outside whilst the garage was full of all our stuff. I charged it up fully and it would start the car fine etc but a few weird things happened until the battery was replaced.

Ah, could well be that then. Its a Bosche unit in there at the moment, will have a research on here, and get another battery ordered :) Got to be better for the long run. 

2 hours ago, Redwing said:

I reckon a quality new battery will resolve a lot of these niggles. Meanwhile, a handheld litho booster is always a handy thing to have, you don't have to disconnect or remove the battery to get started. 

Will have a research on here, see what looks like a good one. Ah yes I have one of those I got a whole back, will give it a charge, just incase. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

They really are sublime things @jamesbilluk - you certainly won’t regret your purchase 

Really is an amazing bit of kit, just glides over bumps, where as my last car was very unsettled. 

One thing I've realised, is you can't drive it under the radar! Every one seems to stare at it.. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, thumbs up for the E38 Varta Silver Dynamic battery. I've had one on my Launch Edition for 5 years now and it's still going strong (I keep it on a battery conditioner when not in use).

 

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.


×
×
  • Create New...