free hit
counters
JUBU DCT Gearbox - are you interested ? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

JUBU DCT Gearbox - are you interested ?

As you know JUBU has released a DCT gearbox for the Exige V6 :

https://www.jubu-performance.com/de/tuning/lotus-dct_getriebe_conversion-399

The upgrade is quite expensive, around 30000 euros, but it provides us new opportunities for our V6.

Maybe if we are able to bring together enough customers we will be able to get a more competitive price and an interesting discount.

If you are interested let me know.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I were going to get a paddle shift I would go for a DSG rather than full sequential box due to the maintenance/running costs. But I personally will always keep the manual gearbox. It’s what the car

At these sort of price points of : 1) Doner car £50,000 2) DCT £25,000 3) Komotec EX490 £12,000 4) Brakes and upgrades circa: £5,000 You are looking at over £92, 000 + Or almo

Hi! I had the opportunity to test drive a Jubu car with dct and their 500 hp upgrade) on public roads and did some hot laps on the co-drivers seat at Red Bull Ring with their red dct-exige and their c

28 minutes ago, geartox said:

As you know JUBU has released a DCT gearbox for the Exige V6 :

https://www.jubu-performance.com/de/tuning/lotus-dct_getriebe_conversion-399

The upgrade is quite expensive, around 30000 euros, but it provides us new opportunities for our V6.

Maybe if we are able to bring together enough customers we will be able to get a more competitive price and an interesting discount.

If you are interested let me know.

At these sort of price points of :

1) Doner car £50,000

2) DCT £25,000

3) Komotec EX490 £12,000

4) Brakes and upgrades circa: £5,000

You are looking at over £92, 000 + Or almost the new price for a Cup 430.

You could though just buy a 540c or 570s Mclaren at or around £80,000 and you are almost there. With the additional £12K or a bit more you could  upgrade it to a GT4 type spec, Brakes, Wing, Spoiler, Tilletts etc. Add more power if that’s your thing as well very easily and much cheaper than a Komotec performance upgrade .

It would be a Fantastic track car and while it will be more costly to run than a Lotus it’s a good comparison for similar money.

• Like 2

When I saw the JUBU Promo-Videos for the first time I was tempted, so I reflected the issue- but after aa while I decided basically against it, not only for the matter of price (which from my point of view is ridicilous...).

• I love my Lotus for what it is, so there's no need for more gearbox-comfort on B-roads.
  • Seeking better performance on the track, I would opt for the KomoTec sequential Gearbox with paddles - durable and heat-resistant on track which I do not expect for the 7 gear DSG VW solution.

In spring 2021 hopefully I will testdrive the supposedly 6 gear KomoTec DSG solution - I'am really curious and look forward the test drive, but I'am sure I will not change my mind.....

• Like 1

If I had the money, i would go for the sequential box. Lighter, more engaging ... and that noise - just wow! Plus still 3 pedals 😉

From the practical point the DCT gearbox might be more efficient. But for what if not engagement and rawness buy a lotus then, if not for emotion?

So if u look at this aspect - the best decision from a rational and unemotional point of view would be to go for a 911 or Audi TT RS. 

A friend put an Audi motor and DCT in an Exige S2. It was quite the nice ride and made it so his wife could drive it. He said, on the track, he could spin the tires if he got too aggressive with the throttle.

Happy Holidays,
Eldon

I'm rather surprised that JUBU is funneling resources for developing such a niche item/upgrade for an already niche car. The target group for a Lotus is already tiny let alone an upgrade that costs 30k on whatever currency that is.

How many items are they planning to sell I wonder, or is this just a experimental exercise to solidify their name around the Lotus field?

I remember when I contacted Akrapovic to ask whether they were planning to release an exhaust for our cars and their reply was that there are simply not enough cars out there to justify the development - and that's just for a back exhaust, let alone a DCT gearbox!

• Like 1

Hi! I had the opportunity to test drive a Jubu car with dct and their 500 hp upgrade) on public roads and did some hot laps on the co-drivers seat at Red Bull Ring with their red dct-exige and their crazy test-driver. What can I say: It was insane! It works smooth and shifts fast (I only can compare to the R8 DSG, and shifting feels quite similar). I will stay with stick shift in the Exige (bc I just like it and I am not on track with that car), but if a different gearbox would be a topic for me, I would go with a DCT. It's the better solution in my opinion (less maintenance than sequential, easy on public roads, fast on track) and it even seems to be cheaper than a sequential with paddle shift. Here a short comparison:

I was not able to find a paddle shift system at the komo-tec website, but if there is one from komo-tec, I think it will be similar priced than the Jubu system, so:

• sequential with paddle shift will be at approximately 30k (no matter if from Jubu or k-tec)
  • dct with paddle shift is 25k (and far lower maintenance cost than seq)

Finally - to be honest - the prices on all fast gearboxes are crazy (even for sequential). But who cares? 😂

• Like 2

Agree with your analysis @MrD

25k or 30k for a gearbox is too much for my budget. And there is also the question of reliability. 

I would guess the reliability on the DCT box to be very good, as it is a standard VAG item.  Assume that item goes into the a LOT heavier Golfs, Audi etc which are not rare to be tuned close to / into the 500 bhp range?

The sequentials on the other hand are a racing car item, hence unsuitable for everyday use (also from a maintenance perspective)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Leo Exige said:

Does anybody got any news from Komo?  

They are due to launch the kit in qtr 1 2021. As is usual with Kom-tec they want to test the kit completely before launching to customers

On 02/01/2021 at 18:24, Seriouslylotus said:

They are due to launch the kit in qtr 1 2021. As is usual with Kom-tec they want to test the kit completely before launching to customers

Let's just wish it will be in a reasonable price range nothing like JUBU's ridiculous 25K+ euros...

Edited by Leo Exige
On 24/12/2020 at 14:40, EldonZ said:

A friend put an Audi motor and DCT in an Exige S2. It was quite the nice ride and made it so his wife could drive it. He said, on the track, he could spin the tires if he got too aggressive with the throttle.

Happy Holidays,
Eldon

Komo-tec did that many years ago. The engine went up to 400 HP. Daniel said the car was basically undrivable in the wet, because there was no way to include the ESP and the DCT gearshifts would brea traction in any gear. 

On 04/01/2021 at 04:27, Leo Exige said:

Let's just wish it will be in a reasonable price range nothing like JUBU's ridiculous 25K+ euros...

Daniel has been promissing the kit for many years, but has run into some issues. JUBU uses the custom ECU Black together with the DCT, gving them full control over the engine (but rendering the car illegal for street use). Daniel wan'ts to stay with the Lotus ECU in order to stay street legal.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

On 07/01/2021 at 15:34, TBD said:

Komo-tec did that many years ago. The engine went up to 400 HP. Daniel said the car was basically undrivable in the wet, because there was no way to include the ESP and the DCT gearshifts would brea traction in any gear. 

Daniel has been promissing the kit for many years, but has run into some issues. JUBU uses the custom ECU Black together with the DCT, gving them full control over the engine (but rendering the car illegal for street use). Daniel wan'ts to stay with the Lotus ECU in order to stay street legal.

As far as i am aware JUBU are using Syvecs ECUs not Ecumaster ECUs, although both can do DSG boxes. I'd also like to say using any aftermarket product EMU Black or things like a cone filter usually come with a warning "Not for road use" to cover themselves as its not crash tested in the cars and so on, you are in theory changing the cars homologation. 

Yes JUBU is using Sysvecs ECU with the sequential gearbox.I don't know for the DCT, from my understanding it's stock ECU.

Regarding Komotec, the DSG gearbox should be ready in March. Depending of the cost, I could plan this modification for 2021.