free hit
counters
Whining belt - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hello all. Merry Christmas first of all!

I haven’t had my car on the road for long and I have no comparisons but the cam belt is fairly loud. It whines like a supercharger in the first bmw minis. (Sorry, it’s the only comparison I have.) Is this normal? Or is it a little tight? I did the tension by measuring frequency. 

cheers

nic. 

The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit - Richard Pryor -1971

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for the input. The exhaust is bloody loud! Tunnel tested today.  My first born was very pleased and he likes all things very loud! Perhaps a little over tensioned then. Thanks again! 

Is this a black standard belt or a blue one? 

blues do whine a lot if tensioned to the same frequency as the black ones. 

frequency is a good method of tensioning - but the twist method and feel just can’t be beaten

Only here once

Thanks for the input. The exhaust is bloody loud! Tunnel tested today.  My first born was very pleased and he likes all things very loud! Perhaps a little over tensioned then. Thanks again! 

• Like 1

The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit - Richard Pryor -1971

Its a manual tensioner. It’s owner error. And a fresh engine rebuild. Albeit 6 years ago. But it’s only just going now 😳