free hit
counters
410 road suspension settings - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content


410 road suspension settings


Recommended Posts

Evening all ... guessing this may have been covered a fair bit, but wondering what owners who want to find a more GT approach for ‘her indoors’ for the longer journeys in the 410 have changed from factory settings?

 

I have no real experience so any guidance very welcome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, Jcx said:

I wrote about it here. Hope it helps. Tuning Nitron 3-Ways for personal taste.

Thank you - nice and clear for me to work with. Having driven only 534 miles so far in the car, the main comment is not when pushing in, but more the 35/45mph that we all end up driving at so much of the time when travelling distances, so I’ll report back.

Again, nicely presented JCX.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

When I move both high and low compression to the hardest postion to adjust and from there I first adjust the high speed compresión (big one) the slow speed compression (small one) is also moving but somehow not counting towards the slow compression adjustment , is that normal ???

 

Also my factory adjustment was not like the one in the booklet , in the front I had +1 in hard for both high and low speed compression 

Edited by cuprapw
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Jcx said:

Hold one to stop it moving while adjusting the other.

In the front that is ok, not sure if that is doable in the back (due to lack of space ), in any case it is really weird as when both where spinning at the same time the low speed adjustment was not being taken in account , I will see if I can grab both in the back 

Thanks !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cuprapw said:

In the front that is ok, not sure if that is doable in the back (due to lack of space ), in any case it is really weird as when both where spinning at the same time the low speed adjustment was not being taken in account , I will see if I can grab both in the back 

Thanks !

Yeh, small hands needed 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I turn the high speed knob the low speed knob follows it tuning, but if you then turn the low speed knob it is exactly the same no. of click as before, I though it is not changed while you adjust the high speed.   I wonder if LS would change or not if you don't hold the LS knob steady while adjusting your HS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3D55390E-06E4-4D9D-9437-469DA93CEAB8.jpeg.1338cdfd16356b0071d2640215f51a8f.jpegThe rears high and low compression adjustor knobs are a complete pain in the arse, with the near side the worst. 

Getter rid of the OEM airbox and putting in a Carbon Komotec will make it much easier.

But in any event I tend to put on gloves in order to get a better grip, but you still occasionally get both knobs turning simultaneously 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/02/2021 at 05:30, nordschleife666 said:

When I turn the high speed knob the low speed knob follows it tuning, but if you then turn the low speed knob it is exactly the same no. of click as before, I though it is not changed while you adjust the high speed.   I wonder if LS would change or not if you don't hold the LS knob steady while adjusting your HS.

This is exactly what I observed, there's no change in the number of clicks whatsoever , I've tried both ways , both turning at the same time when adjusting HS and holding LS while adjusting HS, the result in terms of oosition (clicks) is exactly the same 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, cuprapw said:

This is exactly what I observed, there's no change in the number of clicks whatsoever , I've tried both ways , both turning at the same time when adjusting HS and holding LS while adjusting HS, the result in terms of oosition (clicks) is exactly the same 

I have asked Nitron and they said when you turn the HS knob the LS knob will move with it but the LS adjustment isn't affected.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, nordschleife666 said:

I have asked Nitron and they said when you turn the HS knob the LS knob will move with it but the LS adjustment isn't affected.  

Great, thanks for confirming with them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, nordschleife666 said:

I have asked Nitron and they said when you turn the HS knob the LS knob will move with it but the LS adjustment isn't affected.  

May I ask, what you’re aiming for... road manners or track focus?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

That rear intake side adjustment is a pain in the ass......both times ive played with adjustment i was left with a bruised thumb tip for like a week, especially when u get paranoid and not hearing a click properly snd doubtinf urself and then turning back all the way to hard to start over.

 

Good thing u checked with nitron, i was curious about both knobs moving together but realised the number of clicks werent affected anyway 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...